I am fighting soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhbmma242007

White Belt
Reaction score
I am fighting soon and don't have a camp or anything. I haven't done any sparring or grappling during my training for this fight. I have ran to increase my cardio, and punch with dumbbells, I also use drills that the pros use in getting ready for this fight I wonder how much a lack of a camp/ training partners will effect the outcome of my amateur fight? I think I will win and have a killer instinct, but an a little worried about the lack of training partners. What do you suggest I do to better my chances of winning?

Go get into a few street fights to practice. Outside a club or bar you may find some.

Dude no sparring at all? Why are you fighting soon if you don't spar? You're going to get owned if your opponent is prepared, because you sure as hell are not.

What do you suggest I do to better my chances of winning?
Nothing, so long as your fighting a quadrapleigic 4 year old.

Otherwise I'd suggest you stop comming on Sherdog pretending your a fighter. Your either a really poor troll or a kid that is stupid enough to thing that a real martial artist would be asking for training tips on an internet forum after admitting that his training consists of running and punching with dumbells.

If your a fighter, pro or amature, get in touch with the Mods, prove it and get your account tagged. Or just stop bothing us, either is fine.

lol, you guys are hilarious! I knew I'd get flamed for that I forgot to mention that I am the lightest fighter to ever win the fight of the devil bare knuckle open weight class touranment. I did that with not much training. I push the pace constently and am very aggressive and have knockout power in my right hand, and am a thinking fighter. I guess I was just posting out of nervousness. and was wondering a few things to help me out.

Watch Best of the Best starring Eric Roberts...it'll get you pumped to fight

jeremy may didn't do any sparring and he probably would have beat mike brown if it weren't for his lack of cardio.

I suggest you wear plaster under your gloves, take steroids, and grease your body before the fight.

I push the pace constently and am very aggressive and have knockout power in my right hand, and am a thinking fighter. I guess I was just posting out of nervousness. and was wondering a few things to help me out.

I think the only thing you are pushing is the realms of acceptable posting, and the only thing you have in your right hand is your mouse. :icon_chee

You should go train with BJ Penn. I hear he's waiting to meet you at the airport.

I also had a reason for not training, I had been training hardcore for two years with a camp and evrything but no one whould give me any fights so I got depressed because I had applied everywhere so I figured why train so hard for nothing, and started slacking and began to stop going to classes to save money, and then I started smoking, but that depressed me that I wasn't fighting still either, so as a last ditch effort I applied to a few places and one of them picked me up so about 5 months ago I quit smoking and began to get back in shape.

what is the deal with bj at the airport thing anyway? A lot of people joke about that... what for?

Watch Best of the Best starring Eric Roberts...it'll get you pumped to fight

Lol.....I remember loving that movie. Wasn't there an Asian guy in the team that had a super deadly kick or some shit?

You better hope that they pair you up with someone with same amount of experience as you. I covered a show in Belleville, Il. a couple of years ago for a newspaper and there were two guys fighting that didn't have a camp or any experience under their belts. The first guy fought a guy who had five previous bouts and been training for years out of a camp in Springfield, Il....and let me tell you...it was brutal. Lets just say the end result involved a head kick and a stretcher.

He told me after the fight that the only experience he had was fighting people in school and sparring with the second guy with no experience or camp, who also lost that night.

Best of luck to you though, hopefully you will fair better than those two.

lol, yeah that movie was just on the other night he had crazy kicks

I've got to see the movie again. Probably won't enjoy it half as much.

Anyway, if you are serious and not just some stupid troll, you should know that nothing gets you more ready for a fight than actual sparring. You may hit all the speed bags, heavy bags, double-end bags and pump all the dumb-bells you want, your ass is definitely not ready to be in the ring or cage till you face something that moves and hits back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back