I always amazes me when fighter who win a contraversial decision...

There is no need to hate on Diego. He has no control over the judges. It was an epic robbery- make no mistake- but the guy always fights his heart out and that deserves some respect. Also, ive seen waaaaaay more self congratulatory speeches than that, even fron Diego. I thought his post fight was pretty good.

its very hard to judge a fight when youre in it

for practice, film yourself giving a speech and then watch it and see how differently you look than you thought. imagine that x100

It was an epic robbery but I don't blame him for thinking he won. He did land some nice shots, while he also took a good few. It's hard to take a bunch of punches to the head and still remember everything that just happened in a fight. Last night, Diego let me down with his performance but I'm not angry at him for thinking he won. The judges decision just reinforced what he was already hoping.

Rosales got it right, but the other 2 judges should be ashamed of themselves. Their only job is to get the decision right. I know there are close decisions that not everyone agrees with but last night there's no question that Pearson won.

its very hard to judge a fight when youre in it

for practice, film yourself giving a speech and then watch it and see how differently you look than you thought. imagine that x100

That's a really good comparison.

I actually think he believes he is hitting his opponent.

Please don't call him Hendo. That is disrespect to the one true Hendo. Bendo works though.

sad to say but for a second, i forgot there was another hendo. in retrospect i'm surprised i forgot

"I dont know what the judges were watchin' but Machida whooped my ass man"

-Quinton Jackson-

Yeah, that was the 3rd round. Machida literally did nothing the first 2 rounds. Which is why he lost a 29-28 decision

I don't think Diego was pretending. He probably thought he actually won the fight.

GSP over Hendricks is the most high profile example I can think of.

...almost always pretend like they won and it was obvious.

Rampage is a fool, but after he got gift decisions over Ninja and Machida he straight up admitted he got his ass kicked.

Watching Diego after the Kampmann, Gomi and now Pearson decisions is hilarious. Bisping after Hamill fight lol, he even talked smack, something like "go back to wrestling, you're not good enough for mma". Bendo after all his gift decisions, etc., etc.

I mean I get it everyone wants to win, and once the judges award you the victory you've won and it's done. Where's the honor? Whats wrong with being humble after the fight and admitting it could have gone either way if not straight up admitting you lost? Everyone has seen the fight and already has an opinion on it. As a man I couldn't keep a straight face and talk about my "win" if I know inside that most feel the other guy won.

I dont care for Pearson or Diego, but Diego has to be the most overhyped fighter in UFC history. If you take away the gift decisions he's 0-6 in his last 6 fights and he's lost about a zillion brain cells in the process.

As for judges, how one judge can give all 3 rounds to one guy and another all 3 to the other guy is an absolute joke. What criteria do these monkeys follow and what are they looking at when the fight is going on?? So bush league.

I remember when Machida said something like 'If Shogun beat Machida why didn't he beat Machida' after his controversial decision win.

Was great to see Shogun KOing him in the rematch

The Bisping/Hamill one is a classically misremembered fight, and wasn't a bad decision at all.

Yeah a looked the fight recently and I think now after that, that it was closer than a thought when it happend. With all the Joe Rogan only praising one fighter that can fool somebody sometimes.

well, you are adrenaline full, with concussions, could be even rocked. I dont blame them for celebrate a win, maybe they really believe it in the moment, for sure when they rewatch the fight change their point of view

Unless Machida got a 10-7 round in the 3rd, there's no was he was gonna get that decision. The judges got that fight right. So I suggest you go rewatch that fight.

After the fight he asked for a Rematch (King Mo style) and then in the press Dana said Rampage won that fight Machida did nothing in the first 2 rounds. He dont know what Rampage talks about he think he lost.
Then a Reporter asked if Rampage still want a Rematch and Rampage smiled and said Dana is running the show.

Diego Sanchez is a disgrace. He can't even admit it. He really thought that he won. The hypocrisy.

Prob seen the other side of a bad decision so consider it even.

The Bisping/Hamill one is a classically misremembered fight, and wasn't a bad decision at all.

I disagreed with it but the fight certainly wasn't nearly as bad as many decisions we see, the reason it comes up so much is that Bisping plays a heelish character baiting American nationalism.

Its the same reason Lil Nog/Brilz gets mentioned so much when in reality that came down to one close round.

Back