• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I’m not convinced Colby is the 2nd best WW in the world

Usman had to break Colbys jaw and he still wasn't done. Colby deserves to be ranked as the #1 contender.

Oh come on I'm not a fan of Colby's personality or his antics but he is obviously the best welterweight in the world not named Kamaru Usman. Everyone knows he would be the champion right now it wasn't for Usman. Although Burns and Luque would make interesting tests for Colby because of their BJJ and their KO power. Khamzat is still unproven though. If he
dominates Burns then I'll officially hop aboard the hype train but until then why don't we wait until Khamzat proves himself before we start calling him the GOAT ok?

Right now he's just another Gus
Just cause you're a tough match up for #1 doesn't mean you're automatically #2 when you haven't beat a single other current top guy
Difference is Gus had to fight killers after Jones and didn't get to duck all the top contenders

Colby vs any top 5 guy is a toss up. He's still pretty predictable at this point and its hard to see him making big improvements now like Usman has

1. Khamzat
2. Usman
3. Colby

Big gap after the top 3.

He is overrated.
Masvidal is not even an elite fighter, 37 years old and almost knocked him out.
Colby Covington hasn't fought anyone in their prime.
lol he just fought usman twice

Colby has a solid chin and great recovery. Hard combination to beat when he has great cardio, pressure, and wrestling too

Mas clipped him good with that right
If he had followed up like the type of dog he was in the Diaz fight, he could have finished it
He was way too anxious about the TD, and, obviously, with good reason @ he knew, and look what happened
But, that anxiety and holding back didn't help him one bit, should have just went for it.

It's like Gus regardless of how weak the rest of his resume he did better than everyone else against the dominant champ.

Besides Burns though Colby has all of Marty's major wins. If you're saying Colby's resume is weak Burns is the only major difference and Marty's champ fighting the best guys.

Colby is a worse version of Marty with the cardio, grappling and diverse striking and his wins over common opponents are usually not as impressive. But unless Khazmat lives up to the hype Colby is probably number 2. Burns was Marty's next best opponent and Colby hasn't fought him but Burns wasn't as impressive against Marty and Colby would be the betting favorite there.

I think he's a shitty person but it is what he is, I ain't going to say he's not the number 2 WW when he most likely is.

Khamzat and Rakhmonov would own him.

Lol what? He’s clearly up their with Usman. He arguably beat Usman and has only been finished by an early stoppage where he broke his jaw.

Usman broke Colby's jaw. Don't write it like if it was an accident.

His chin is super suspect, and his wrestling while elite doesn’t seem to match the more grapple finish rate that his wrestling peers have (except Usman)

I’m not convinced that he’s better than Gilbert,Vincente, or even Khazmat.

There’s a reason hes calling out Dustin

Whats with you guys and being so up in your feelings about a #2 next to a fighters name.

Colby is #2 based on what we know so far. He only lost to #1 (which doesn't say anything about him being worse than #2) and he beat everyone else.

All these guys who you think are better than Colby, they don't have a better win resume than Colby either, and they definitely did not fight the champ and did well doing so.

Deal with it you Shertard.

I mean why am I even bothering, this guy said his chin is super suspect so he is clearly biased and doesn't know a whole lot about this MMA thing.

Colby def the second best ww in the world:

1. Khamzat
2. Colby
3. Usman

<Moves>

Back