I’m loving the World Cup but dang

Hmm don't think you've given anyone that impression in this thread.
Idc what impression i give while we shit talk about sports bud. How seriously and personally you take this is indicative of your inability to take or process criticism in social situations.
It’s probably not your fault but you’re getting too old to keep habituating this demeanor. God bless

I’m finding that 4 x 90-110minute long games every day is just way too much. Literally sick of the sight of football after the first week…. And I LOVE footy. Something about the way this WC is structured is really draining …not sure what it is though.

Additionally - weirdly - the first batch of matches were really fun, some very high scoring / high tempo matches, but the second round of matches has been awful. Very few goals, slow lethargic matches, and pretty dull, though some fascinating upsets going on. Like all the teams are tired. Maybe it’s Qatar heat? Mid-season W/C?

Last edited:
Idc what impression i give while we shit talk about sports bud. How seriously and personally you take this is indicative of your inability to take or process criticism in social situations.
It’s probably not your fault but you’re getting too old to keep habituating this demeanor. God bless
You are also much more self aware than me. You certainly don’t sound like you’ve taken this personally and aren’t just an angry turd

You are also much more self aware than me. You certainly don’t sound like you’ve taken this personally and aren’t just an angry turd
For the 12+ years i’ve been posting here ive had a bunch of mentally ill young men who take *everything* i say personally, get mad, develop an entire complex about it and then tell me how upset and mad I am. I could not begin to list the dozens of apologies

i am mocking you. Laughing at you. Joking at your expense. It’s called “banter”. Human adults, both male and female, do this in social settings and it is normal and playful.

If you’re attributing anger and malice to it, all while the person you’re accusing is assuring you that is not the case, it’s entirely likely that it is you who is mad, angry or upset.

I truly could not care less if you like soccer or not, but while we are in, and let me reiterate this, a soccer thread on a karate forum, i am going to continue to lambast, mock and joke about the dumb shit you are saying, at zero expense to my soul.

i don’t think i can be any clearer without possibly hurting your feelings

great world cup. americans just jealous. i mean live in usa man most local channels dont even talk about nfl.Trying to get attention on them internationally by creating in their mind headline how next countries they want to o is spain and france want to create divisions in europe. i mean this world cup to me is great but american media is doing everythig to bring politics into it and fox is not football channel i would take CBS for world cup because they have foreign commentators that are not english and they have objectivity unlike britsh and americans who thought it is their duty to annoy whole world about gays and workers like whole world does not have eyes or their media to tell them same but american and british just try to make them self saviours of people that are basicly same as sweat shoop workers that make them shirts they so proiudly wear LOL

For the 12+ years i’ve been posting here ive had a bunch of mentally ill young men who take *everything* i say personally, get mad, develop an entire complex about it and then tell me how upset and mad I am. I could not begin to list the dozens of apologies

i am mocking you. Laughing at you. Joking at your expense. It’s called “banter”. Human adults, both male and female, do this in social settings and it is normal and playful.

If you’re attributing anger and malice to it, all while the person you’re accusing is assuring you that is not the case, it’s entirely likely that it is you who is mad, angry or upset.

I truly could not care less if you like soccer or not, but while we are in, and let me reiterate this, a soccer thread on a karate forum, i am going to continue to lambast, mock and joke about the dumb shit you are saying, at zero expense to my soul.

i don’t think i can be any clearer without possibly hurting your feelings
Dude no one believes you. Clearly me and some other posters have triggered you in this thread. I honestly don’t know how you imagine this whole exchange between us has been going, but you’re completely disconnected from reality bud.

Dude no one believes you. Clearly me and some other posters have triggered you in this thread. I honestly don’t know how you imagine this whole exchange between us has been going, but you’re completely disconnected from reality bud.
I don’t think so bud

footbal is popular and games are watched. i just noticed something on msn site when world cup start or maybe little before suddenly NFL started to us for their articles it starts now with "NFL WORLD " THINKS THIS OR THAT now constantly are nfl that much scared of football in usa . this is serious question

Soccer is painful to watch. It’s like watching paint dry. So uneventful that it makes baseball look thoroughly electrifying. Doesn’t help that every match is 1-1 or 2-1.

damn bro, youre fucking tough! These guys are such pussies! You cant stand to see someone fall to the ground for 10 seconds in a 90+ minute game because youre so tough and alpha!
You should have the rainbow USA crest for your av. seems more fitting

Do you have an issue with the LGBTQIA2S+ community? Save your bigotry for another sport.
why would you assume i meant that in a negative way? i would say that makes you the bigot. you believe any mention of the lgbtq community is automatically negative? wow

That's not true at least in England. People used to absolutely despise divers but slowly over time and getting used to it people are less likely to hate players who do it than before.

Even outside of England, fans have shown that they have a limit to how much diving is acceptable. Neymar is a brilliant player but is largely disliked exactly because his diving is exaggerated.

I think diving is related to skill and technique. When you're a great dribbler, a kick, grab, or tug can throw you off, even if it's slight. So you exaggerate in order to let the ref know you've been fouled.

That's probably the biggest reason diving was so looked down upon in England. Let's face it, prior to the Bosman ruling, English football was largely based on brute strength, speed, and long passing.

Would be nice US to put more work into soccer and rugby at least top 10. You know some group sport that US can lead other than American Football.

Since the introduction of VAR (booth review) for all penaties, scores, etc the incentive to dive has decreased. It is more subtle now and more to get fouls to get possession and set pieces. Less of an impact on the game.

Back