• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hyun Gyu Lim fighting on the UFC Japan card

Anthony Johnson also made weight successfully against Hardy and Brenneman at 170, when all of a sudden his body started shutting down cutting to 185. Lim's weight cut description exactly mirrored Johnson's weight cut against Vitor. Just read the coach's description again and you can tell that this guy is too drained at WW. I would like him to fight at MW for his own health sake.

Rumble first missed weight in his second ufc fight

Careful people about weight cutting

yes Rumble, without a fight booked, walks around 230lbs, but when the fight is announced he goes on a diet....its not like he was cutting 60 pounds of water within the last week before the fight!

What you have to ask yourself is :

Rumble starts cutting water around what weight? Same for Lim?

if they both cut 25lbs of water in the last 2 days before the fight, well the same shit could happen to Lim eventually.

Im really not an expert at weight cutting though

oh and I have NO IDEA who could Lim fight for his first UFC fight...they could rebook the fight vs Gruntboy Guimaraes...or a guy like Benoist, Abedi, Brock Jardine, Neer, Robertson, A-Train, Story, Thiago, Wisniewski, Yousef, Wonderboy

You HAVE to take overall weight cut into account. Obviously, Rumble wasn't cutting 60lbs in a week, but still.

As for the last two days before the fight (I think you meant weigh-in)... In Macau, I think Lim was about 10 pounds over 2 days before weigh ins and he was around 4-5lbs over when he broke down the day before weigh ins.

Again, while Lim is a big WW, I think the comparisons to Rumble are strecthing it a bit at this point.

There are plenty of UFC fighters who are 10lbs over the night before the weigh in.

Also, his opponent is going to be Guimaraes.

You HAVE to take overall weight cut into account. Obviously, Rumble wasn't cutting 60lbs in a week, but still.

As for the last two days before the fight (I think you meant weigh-in)... In Macau, I think Lim was about 10 pounds over 2 days before weigh ins and he was around 4-5lbs over when he broke down the day before weigh ins.

Again, while Lim is a big WW, I think the comparisons to Rumble are strecthing it a bit at this point.

There are plenty of UFC fighters who are 10lbs over the night before the weigh in.

Also, his opponent is going to be Guimaraes.

Do you know why he missed weight? It seems that he made weight plenty of times at WW before, so I was just wondering if there was any certain circumstance that made it more difficult this time.

Do you know why he missed weight? It seems that he made weight plenty of times at WW before, so I was just wondering if there was any certain circumstance that made it more difficult this time.

That's the thing, we don't know. My thought is that maybe he had some kind of bug that wouldn't have been a problem at full strength, but was able to knock him out in that weakened state. That's pure conjecture, though.

binjin. Any world on who the other South Korean fighters are fighting?

binjin. Any world on who the other South Korean fighters are fighting?

Haven't heard anything yet, but I haven't talked to the Team MAD guys in a while...

That's the thing, we don't know. My thought is that maybe he had some kind of bug that wouldn't have been a problem at full strength, but was able to knock him out in that weakened state. That's pure conjecture, though.

will he be doing any practice cuts in lieu of last times incident?

Dhk vs Hathaway
Lim vs Marcelo
Kaung vs Figueroa

They were mentioned already and I think they're spot on.

Im really not interested in the Hathaway fight. It makes sense but its just an easy and obvious win for Kim. I doubt Hathaway and his management even take that fight

Cool, excited for his UFC debut.

will he be doing any practice cuts in lieu of last times incident?

You know, I thought about that, too... But, given that the fight is less than three months away, I'm not sure if it's worth the strain that it would put on him. Having to do the cut 3 times in less than 4 months probably wouldn't be a great idea.

He's just going to come into the last week lighter than he did in Macau. I really don't foresee any problems.

Back