• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hyun Gyu Lim fighting on the UFC Japan card

Hufusopem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hyun Gyu Lim will be fighting on the UFC Japan card in March 3 .

Lim's debut was marred by being deemed medically unfit because of weight issues for the UFC Macau card.
Hyun Gyu Lim will have another chance with a fight on the UFC Japan card.

Opponent has not been decided.

Any suggestions?

(Kang Kyung Ho and Dong Hyun Kim are also slated to be on this card.)

Hyun Gyu Lim will be fighting on UFC Japan card in March 3 .

Lim's debut was marred by being deemed medically unfit because of weight issues for the UFC Macau card.
Hyun Gyu Lim will have another chance with a fight on the UFC Japan card.

Opponent has not been decided.

Any suggestions?

The Korean version of Rumble Johnson should fight at 185.

first times hes ever missed weight as a WW.
definitely a fluke.

Anthony Johnson also made weight successfully against Hardy and Brenneman at 170, when all of a sudden his body started shutting down cutting to 185. Lim's weight cut description exactly mirrored Johnson's weight cut against Vitor. Just read the coach's description again and you can tell that this guy is too drained at WW. I would like him to fight at MW for his own health sake.

I would love to see him fight Sean Pierson. Hell, maybe even Gunnar Nelson. But it could end up being Marcello Guimares again.

I would like to see Kyung Kang Ho fight Edwin Figueroa or Chico Camus.

For Dong Hyun Kim, it would be John Hathaway or Dan Hardy.

i was so disappointed when he didnt fight in Macau, i was looking forward to his debut more then most of the main card.

DHK vs Hathaway, Kang vs Cacares, and Lim vs Pierson or Pyle/Head winner seems appropriate.

Glad they kept this guy around. He's been hyped to death around these parts, hope he looks impressive. Hoping for a safe cut as well.

Anthony Johnson also made weight successfully against Hardy and Brenneman at 170, when all of a sudden his body started shutting down cutting to 185. Lim's weight cut description exactly mirrored Johnson's weight cut against Vitor. Just read the coach's description again and you can tell that this guy is too drained at WW. I would like him to fight at MW for his own health sake.

Rumble told us that he was walking around at 230 (that's 60lbs over!) a couple of months before the Hardy fight. Lim walks around at a little over 200. There's a huge difference there.

Last edited:
Rumble told us that he was walking around at 230 (that's 60lbs over!) a couple of months before the fight. Lim walks around at a little over 200. There's a huge difference there.

this is crazy...

Rumble told us that he was walking around at 230 (that's 60lbs over!) a couple of months before the fight. Lim walks around at a little over 200. There's a huge difference there.

Careful people about weight cutting

yes Rumble, without a fight booked, walks around 230lbs, but when the fight is announced he goes on a diet....its not like he was cutting 60 pounds of water within the last week before the fight!

What you have to ask yourself is :

Rumble starts cutting water around what weight? Same for Lim?

if they both cut 25lbs of water in the last 2 days before the fight, well the same shit could happen to Lim eventually.

Im really not an expert at weight cutting though

oh and I have NO IDEA who could Lim fight for his first UFC fight...they could rebook the fight vs Gruntboy Guimaraes...or a guy like Benoist, Abedi, Brock Jardine, Neer, Robertson, A-Train, Story, Thiago, Wisniewski, Yousef, Wonderboy

I'm looking forward to his fights. A WW with a 82 inch reach

Back