Hypoxia Tabata???

interesting, i would like to see some studies on how effective hypoxic training is

I found myself taking deep breaths just watching that video. And his pants are too short.

his form is terrible and I'm not sure that kind of hypoxia training is any good. need some studies. last I heard, hypoxia while training just makes you train less effectively, therefore the hypoxia work should be done at another time (like during sleep).

also, the body probably needs hours of hypoxia to make useful changes to itself, not a few minutes of hard to breath workouts. see the hypoxia thread in this subforum, even though it probably lacks study backup too.

Using an altitude mask is fairly standard training for elite level cyclists. I believe Polynikes has one.

I'm not convinced on the "Power Breath" device, though.

i dont know what either hypoxia or tabata means so im guesing hypoxia is that little mask thing, which simulates breathing high elevation air, or thiin air, and a tabata is the pushup chinup. am i correct?

i dont know what either hypoxia or tabata means so im guesing hypoxia is that little mask thing, which simulates breathing high elevation air, or thiin air, and a tabata is the pushup chinup. am i correct?

No, but you could easily find out, since you already have the most diverse body of knowledge at your fingertips.

The hypoxia thing I just use a plain old white dust mask
If anyone has ever used one of these for work or anything were you exert yourself you will know how hard it is to breath in them.

I use this while jogging, skipping, bag work, anything that get the heart going

Back