Hypothetically, if Conor where to have three belts...

That would be a fantastic clusterfuck if he got injured and all three titles were held hostage by his injury.

Do you honestly think the UFC hasn't thought of this? You really think that they would let him fight at 170 if he beats dos Anjos?

Sure, it's intriguing and crazy, but I really think two belts is plenty enough to earn him legend status. No need to risk screwing up three divisions with an unexpected injury.

Dana made it clear, that conor has always kept his word and followed through. So yes.

If not.

It only depends on him wanting it. There is no if. Conor out class anyone that can weigh the same as him. No one can pass the first, or even if they fight very safe, the second. Unless he gets injured.
The disturbing part is I think you actually believe what you just wrote.

I don't think expecting two title defenses per year minimum per weightclass (from a fan's perspective) is unreasonable. Barring extreme circumstances, I think 2 should be mandatory. If you can't stay healthy enough to fight at least once every 6 months, perhaps a career or organizational change is in order.

If Conor holds two belts, that's 4 fights per year, alternating between FW and LW. That alone will take it's toll on his body soon enough.

Even though I think it's utterly ridiculous for the UFC to consider allowing it, and extremely unlikely to happen at all, but should Conor hold 3 belts, that's 6 fights a year across three weight classes. Fighting every second month. 1 injury would then screw up multiple weight classes. 1 ACL tear would hold up three divisions for a lengthy period of time, and create one hell of a clusterfuck trying to set up interim titles and challengers, etc.

Two divisions being in disarray is disastrous enough, but 3 is simply asking for trouble and bad business. Putting the company in that perilous a predicament for the sake of selling tickets and buy rates (at the expense of the divisional stability and Conor's health) would almost warrant some strange twist of fate intervening to teach people a lesson. If for some reason he did beat RDA, I think his ego would really try taking him to 170 next.

I'm giving Conor a 20% chance he beats RDA. He gets a 2% chance he beats Lawler (and that's being generous).

If he somehow beats Dos Anos, you are willing to call him a legend already?

Em hell yes. If he beats RDA he becomes one of the greatest of all time. Belts in 2 weight classes. And I imagine if he beats RDA and wants to fight Lawler he will have to forfeit the FW belt. He will keep the LW belt as insurance in case he loses at WW. Much like he is doing now.

If Conu had 3 belts he would be the GOAT of MIXFIGHT. No doubt.

Conor fights thru injures and fights often doesnt take breaks. I have more confidence in conor defending 3 divisions than cain as a 1 div champ.

Luckily we'll never know cuz RDA is gun stop all this nonsense talk and hype.

That would be a fantastic clusterfuck if he got injured and all three titles were held hostage by his injury.

Do you honestly think the UFC hasn't thought of this? You really think that they would let him fight at 170 if he beats dos Anjos?

Sure, it's intriguing and crazy, but I really think two belts is plenty enough to earn him legend status. No need to risk screwing up three divisions with an unexpected injury.
If he beats RDA, then Edgar, he will most certainly fight Robbie Lawler for the welterweight title....Then promptly retire as the true GOAT.

I'd like to see him defend his first 2 belts a few times before a move up to 170.

Even if he loses one of them, if he moves up and wins at 170...wow just unreal
If he wins the LW title he's dropping the FW title without even defending it.

If he somehow beats Dos Anos, you are willing to call him a legend already?

He's only a legend if he wins LW belt, defends it against Khabib true champ, then wins the WW belt against Lawler, and defends it against Thompson. Then he is a focking legend mate.

That would be weird and confusing.

Ufc would have to change its name to ultimate fighting Conor

He's only a legend if he wins LW belt, defends it against Khabib true champ, then wins the WW belt against Lawler, and defends it against Thompson. Then he is a focking legend mate.

..and i would agree wholeheartedly with you sir.

It would be a treat to see him be rag dolled at 170.

He's going for goat status, not legend status.

Conor fights thru injures and fights often doesnt take breaks. I have more confidence in conor defending 3 divisions than cain as a 1 div champ.

Or if Khabib became champion, or that 2 or so years of Dominic Cruz, etc.

Do you honestly think the UFC hasn't thought of this?
No, the promotion whose whole job is to schedule and put on fights never looks ahead.

You should probably tweet this directly to Dana. He'll probably hire you on the spot for being such a visionary.

Back