Hypnotherapy for BJJ

Zen Machine

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As a Psychologist and Hypnotherapist I have been interested in visulisation for sports for a long time. As a Gracie Barra brown belt (since last week) I am especially intesested in how it can effect Jiu Jitsu, eg.. Mental rehearsal, the control of nerves etc.

I have almost completed my MMA and BJJ visulisation MP3's. They will be up next week. As a long time user of this forum I would like to offer a little back. Just visit my site and join the mailing list. When I put them up next week I am going to give away 100 MP3's at random for free.

In the mean time just enter SHERDOGMEMBER at the checkout on ANY of my current recordings to get a 50% discount.

Jonathan, Hypnotherapy Boutique

Hypnotherapy Boutique

ill check this out i downloaded a hypnotherapy mp3 for self confidence when i was depressed a few years ago and it snapped me right out of it

Interesting stuff, one of my friends back in the UK interviewed a london based BJJ black belt and mental performance coach:

MEERKATSU: The BJJ Hypnotist

Cool stuff. I definately think the mental game is really important. I worked with a well known Irish boxer a few years back who had lost his mojo a little. We used a lot of NLP to refocus his mind. He went on a major tear after.

I have a friend who used hypnotherapy when he was doing poorly in job interviews a few years ago and he passed an interview and got a job soon after.

That would be cool if you could hypnotize our opponents at tournaments and make them lose.

I have a friend who used hypnotherapy when he was doing poorly in job interviews a few years ago and he passed an interview and got a job soon after.

That would be cool if you could hypnotize our opponents at tournaments and make them lose.

Excellent. Love hearing stories like this.

I'm really interested to see how well this works. I've just subscribed.

In Boxing hypnosis has been used by many Champions throughout the years. In 1996 Steve Collins beat Chris Eubank for the World Boxing Organisations Super-middleweight title. Much of his sports success being attributed to the focusing of attention created by hypnosis. Collins was programmed to deliver two punches to Eubank

It would be cool if you told us if you believe these things helped your own journey in the martial arts, how long have you been training, how you feel these methods helped you get to where you are faster, etc.

Im interested

It would be cool if you told us if you believe these things helped your own journey in the martial arts, how long have you been training, how you feel these methods helped you get to where you are faster, etc.

Im interested

Excellent thought.

I am 29, I have been training for 10 years. I have to say that visulisation has been a huge part of my training. Im by no means a fantastic jiujitsu player but feel really privilaged to have been awarded my brown belt by Braulio Estima just last week, largely thanks to the influence of my friend and instructor Graham Keys. Like a lot of people I'm sure, work commitments and injury have meant that I have missed a lot of training over the years. I honestly feel that my mental rehearsal has helped me keep up with my training partners. To the extent that many of them have commented that I dont seem to get too rusty during a lay off. I credit this to my use of imagery. During times when I have'nt been training much I would regularly use visulisation techniques to go through sequences, and roll in my mind when I got a spare 10 minutes. I have worked with other sports and know that visulisation is a big part of success with regards to both rehearsing techniques and controlling nerves, and it occured to me that it is not as widely used in BJJ circles. I have been using these techniques for years and am keen to share them.

The BJJ recording will be finished and up on the site by Wed 8-09-10

This is interesting. I used to be fascinated with hypnosis, in regards to performance boosting. I'll definitely be checking this out.

Hypnosis helped me quit smoking.
I was really intrigued with what my therapist said about neurolinguistics, cognitive dissonance, etc.
Sign me up.

Sounds good man...I signed up for your newsletter. Let me know when you have the program posted!

Where do I enter the discount code? I tried on Paypal but it didn't recognize it.

Where do I enter the discount code? I tried on Paypal but it didn't recognize it.

Should be working on the new MP3 now buddy. Sometimes takes a while to kick in when a new product is added.

Back