Elections Hyde-Smith projected to keep seat in Republican hands, building on Senate majority

iu

The only unexpected result here is a Republican winning by a mere 11.8 points in Mississippi, so there isn't that much to say, except that it's hilarious that Republicans had to worry at least a little about one of the safest seats in the country.

Congrats to her for being first woman elect from MS.

Mississippi should be given to Mexico. Who cares about that shit hole state.

Mississippi should be given to Mexico. Who cares about that shit hole state.
The DNC and about every MSM that tried to convince us that the race was close.<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

That's right. The Left wants Mississippi more than any team wants to sign Kaepernick.<45>

Last edited:
Hyde-Smith projected to keep seat in Republican hands, building on Senate majority

Republicans on Tuesday expanded their incoming Senate majority to 53 seats, as incumbent Republican Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith handily beat back an insurgent challenge by Democrat Mike Espy in Mississippi's special election runoff to become the first woman ever elected to Congress from the state.

With 75 percent of precincts reporting, Hyde-Smith had 340,865 votes to Espy's 268,455 -- a commanding margin of 55.9 percent to 44.1 percent, according to state election officials.

A representative from Hyde-Smith’s campaign told Fox News that Espy is scheduled to call and concede at 10:45 ET, and that she will take the stage at her election party at 11:05 p.m. ET.

Hyde-Smith, 59, is an ardent supporter of President Trump who was appointed earlier this year by Mississippi's governor to fill retiring Sen. Thad Cochran's seat. She will finish out the remaining two years of Cochran's term in the deep-red state that went for President Trump by nearly 20 percentage points in the 2016 presidential election.

Hyde-Smith's win gives Republicans more leeway to ensure the confirmation of Trump's federal judicial and Cabinet nominees that require Senate approval, and strengthens the party's chances of holding the majority in 2020.

“Cindy Hyde-Smith has been a strong conservative voice since joining the Senate, so it should come as no surprise that she was elected by Mississippians to represent them in Washington,” National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) Chairman Cory Gardner said in a statement. “Senator Hyde-Smith won tonight because she has a trusted record of fighting for Mississippi, and we are happy she will be returning to the United States Senate.”

serveimage

"53-47 Senate Majority, BITCH!!"

Well, it was always going to be a hard row to hoe for the dems in the senate this time around. They had 26 senate seats up for grabs compared to only 9 for Republicans.

I predict their majority will tighten considerably in 2020. They will have to defend 22 seats compared to only 12 for Democrats.

The Republicans will likely take back the Alabama seat in 2020. But Colorado, Maine, AZ, NH, and Iowa are all going to be tough races for them.

I think it will go back to a 51-49 Republican majority or maybe even 50-50.

Well, it was always going to be a hard row to hoe for the dems in the senate this time around. They had 26 senate seats up for grabs compared to only 9 for Republicans.

I predict their majority will tighten considerably in 2020. They will have to defend 22 seats compared to only 12 for Democrats.

The Republicans will likely take back the Alabama seat in 2020. But Colorado, Maine, AZ, NH, and Iowa are all going to be tough races for them.

I think it will go back to a 51-49 Republican majority or maybe even 50-50.

I agree with the former (51-49).

Fortunately, by then, there will be another Conservative SCOTUS judge (Amy Barrett on Line 1) already in there to take Ginsburg's place. And with a 6-3 Conservative majority(in the SCOTUS), it won't matter whether the Republicans have a slim majority in the Senate or deadlock. Their work by then would've been done and Trump's "True Legacy" would be secured if it hasn't been already. :)

What does it mean? Help me

I took it to mean that in politics your guy is almost never as good as you think or say he is and their guy is almost never as bad as you think or say he is.

What does it mean? Help me

Basically, a battle between the Light (Republicans) and the Darkness (Democrats)

Except the participants are really dumb-fucks.

I think that's the gist.

Back