Humanity at its best and worst.

Best: Any time people have come together to help others affected by a disaster or tragedy.

Worst: The rape of Nanking is one of the only historical things I can't even read about.

I bought the book on the rape of Nanking by Iris Cheng, flipped to the pictures, and then promptly put the book in the deepest darkest place I could find in my house.

any examples?

Kind of an abstract thing to quantify like that, the basics of the point are that humans are capable of things labelled as right and wrong, depending on perspective . If this was some alternate universe where we were incapable of "wrong" do you think we would cease to do things that would be labelled as "good"?

Kind of an abstract thing to quantify like that, the basics of the point are that humans are capable of things labelled as right and wrong, depending on perspective . If this was some alternate universe where we were incapable of "wrong" do you think we would cease to do things that would be labelled as "good"?

dont run from quastion man :icon_chee there is no good without evil and in alternative universe there would be no things labelled as good since there is no evil, both must exist to create contrast so one could see what is good and what is evil.

also "wrong" is not the same as "evil" or "bad"...just saying

dont run from quastion man :icon_chee there is no good without evil and in alternative universe there would be no things labelled as good since there is no evil, both must exist to create contrast so one could see what is good and what is evil.

also "wrong" is not the same as "evil" or "bad"...just saying

You completely missed the point there, im not referring to the labelling of these actions, that is ultimately irrelevant, im talking about the actions themselves.And can you make a clear distinction about your defintions of wrong, evil and bad, are they not simply adjectives describing the same thing at different levels or did I miss that english class?

You completely missed the point there, im not referring to the labelling of these actions, that is ultimately irrelevant, im talking about the actions themselves.And can you make a clear distinction about your defintions of wrong, evil and bad, are they not simply adjectives describing the same thing at different levels or did I miss that english class?

Yeah, same with actions themselves. How would people know what is a good action when there is no evil and would there be need for good actions when there is no evil??

and definition is not important here... but in short you can just google it to see the difference between wrong and evil

Yeah, same with actions themselves. How would people know what is a good action when there is no evil and would there be need for good actions when there is no evil??

and definition is not important here... but in short you can just google it to see the difference between wrong and evil

It doesnt matter about knowing its a "good" action, thats what im telling you. "need" for good actions of course there wouldnt be need for it, there is no need for it even with evil in the world. We choose to do right without needing to define it or categorise it.

It doesnt matter about knowing its a "good" action, thats what im telling you. "need" for good actions of course there wouldnt be need for it, there is no need for it even with evil in the world. We choose to do right without needing to define it or categorise it.

so people wouldnt do good actions without evil, is that what you are telling me? :D

nooo...:icon_neut

lol

you just said it your self,

in other word there is no good without evil :D

Thats called paraphrasing and badly I might add. Either you cant read, you are arguing for the sake of it or you are a troll, either or im very tired and very bored and there are more intelligent posters I can talk to, good luck.

Thats called paraphrasing and badly I might add. Either you cant read, you are arguing for the sake of it or you are a troll, either or im very tired and very bored and there are more intelligent posters I can talk to, good luck.

looks like you just got your back againts the wall, and now going for strategic retreat...

:icon_lol:

look like you just got your back againts the wall, and now going for strategic retreat...

:icon_lol:

You ignored everything I said throughout our chat, no point in discussing this further as I feel like im talking to a wall.

give me an example where i did?

I repeatedly said that the labelling of the act is NOT what matters, and you based everything you said off the words, there must be some fundamental communication breakdown here cause I dont see how you dont understand what im sayin. Then again its 5 in the morning and im nodding off so it could just be me.

Never heard of the Rape of Nanking until this thread. Just read through the wiki on the events, the book written about it, and the late author of the book.

Incredible stuff. I will be getting that on my Nook now.

Back