Huge asteroid due to pass into Earth's orbit

Correct.

I thought they went to 2025 but it was 2015.

They also had flying skate boards if I can remember.
Is this the Asteroid thats meant to be visible during the day? I'm really excited about seeing it, its not every day we see an Asteroid is it.

We all will be ok. No need to start a panic like with the 2012 nonsense. It's not going to be that close until 2036. That plenty of time to figure a solution even IF there is a chance it would hit us.

We all will be ok. No need to start a panic like with the 2012 nonsense. It's not going to be that close until 2036. That plenty of time to figure a solution even IF there is a chance it would hit us.

I'd like to think so, we have the nuclear capability to turn this planet into dust, so I'd like to think that if it came to it, we could blow up any potential hazards flying our way.

armageddon.jpg

It has the strength of 100,000 nuclear bombs. Say it hits California what kind of damage are we talking here?

Damage? Total, sir. It's what we call a global killer. The end of mankind. Doesn't matter where it hits, nothing would survive, not even bacteria.

When the rogue comet went through the asteroid belt, it sent shrapnel right for us. For the next 11 days, the Earth's in a shooting gallery. Even if the asteroid itself hits the water, it's still hitting land. It will slam into the ocean bedrock. Now if it's a Pacific Ocean impact, which we think it will be, it will create a tidal wave about three miles high, flash boil millions of gallons of sea water. It will hit the West Coast and wash up in Denver. Japan is gone, Australia is wiped out. Half of the Earth's population will be incinerated by the heat blast, the rest will freeze to death in a nuclear winter. Basically the worst parts of the Bible.

Sounds like an adventure tbh. I've watched all the LOTR and The Hobbit so I should be prepared for this shit. Bring it on

2036?
I'll be like 68 then, so who the fuck cares?
In fact, now I hope it does hit.
I don't like the idea of you guys outliving me.

Edit, I just did really bad math there.. I won't be that old, but still, I like the idea of you all coming with me.

Last edited:
dear lawd..
If its not one thing thats going to blow up the planet its something else.
Global Warming,
Mayan Predictions,
The rift,
Asteroids,
Aliens.
Nothing will happen to this planet, we're a little piece of dust floating around in a vast vast universe, the chances of something ever hitting us or aliens coming down to turn us into slaves is so small, that this planet will live out its entire life cycle and be swollowed by the sun before anything will ever happen.

nothings going to happen.... ill bump this thread in 23 years to lol at all of you apocalypse sayers

nothings going to happen.... ill bump this thread in 23 years to lol at all of you apocalypse sayers

Who are those people?

Seems to me almost everyone agrees that this is not a problem.
Chance of collision 1 in 45.000. And it's probably going to be smaller the more time goes on.

Edit: 1 in 250.000 is the more recent estimate.

Back