• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HS teacher under fire for calling military persons "dumbsh*ts," "lowest of our low" intellectually

This dude

Smedley Darlington Butler
(July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940) was a United States Marine Corps major general, the highest rank authorized at that time, and at the time of his death the most decorated Marine in U.S. history. During his 34-year career as a Marine, he participated in military actions in the Philippines, China, in Central America and the Caribbean during the Banana Wars, and France in World War I. Butler later became an outspoken critic of U.S. wars and their consequences, as well as exposing the Business Plot, an alleged plan to overthrow the U.S. government.

By the end of his career, Butler had received 16 medals, five for heroism. He is one of 19 men to receive the Medal of Honor twice, one of three to be awarded both the Marine Corps Brevet Medal (along with Wendell Neville and David Porter) and the Medal of Honor, and the only Marine to be awarded the Brevet Medal and two Medals of Honor, all for separate actions.

I know who Smedley Butler is. He definently isn't anywhere near the most decorated Marine in history. You didn't come anywhere near to paraphrasing him. "War is a Racket". You also obviously aren't in any way familiar with the context some of these things were written in. Butler wrote most of this stuff after getting out of the Military, failing in an attempt to win Office, and then attempting to lead the VFW in a political campaign against the American Legion of all things over the Bonus Army Protests. He was trying to capitalize off of that emotion to once again run for office, and use disgruntled veterans as his base. Historical context is a real thing, you should try it sometime instead of doing that thing you got called out on earlier, posing as a high level thinker with zero context behind your thoughts.

I know who Smedley Butler is. He definently isn't anywhere near the most decorated Marine in history. You didn't come anywhere near to paraphrasing him. "War is a Racket". You also obviously aren't in any way familiar with the context some of these things were written in. Butler wrote most of this stuff after getting out of the Military, failing in an attempt to win Office, and then attempting to lead the VFW in a political campaign against the American Legion of all things over the Bonus Army Protests. He was trying to capitalize off of that emotion to once again run for office, and use disgruntled veterans as his base. Historical context is a real thing, you should try it sometime instead of doing that thing you got called out on earlier, posing as a high level thinker with zero context behind your thoughts.

Yeah cause you googled him after you read my post.

You've invented a dozen straw-mans there. I'll continue to debate what i post not the imaginings of what think people think i posted.

I know when it was wrote and what context. Weird you never recognised the exact quote considering now you're suddenly his private historian.

DEfinitely isn't anywhere near most decorated in history? Fair enough...

Yeah cause you googled him after you read my post.

You've invented a dozen straw-mans there. I'll continue to debate what i post not the imaginings of what think i posted.

1.) Google "0311" and find out what you come back with. This is the kind of shit I've been talking about this whole thread. Stop acting like you're the only person in the world who might know who Smedley Butler is. What are you, like 19? 20, maybe?

2.) Point out a single "straw man" I've presented. I don't think you actually know what that means, you're just throwing it out there like it means something.

1.) Google "0311" and find out what you come back with. This is the kind of shit I've been talking about this whole thread. Stop acting like you're the only person in the world who might know who Smedley Butler is. What are you, like 19? 20, maybe?

2.) Point out a single "straw man" I've presented. I don't think you actually know what that means, you're just throwing it out there like it means something.

Asks me my age then asks to point out a straw-man argument. Is this satire?

Asks me my age then asks to point out a straw-man argument. Is this satire?

Do you even know what a strawman is? That was a real question. Both "do you know what a strawman is" and "How old are you".

Do you even know what a strawman is? That was a real question. Both "do you know what a strawman is" and "How old are you".

I do know what it is. Trying to make out i'm 19 which has nothing to do with the debate is a great example.

So now instead of debating the words of Smedley Butler or the words of the teacher we're now discussing what age i am and whether i'm familiar with the informal fallacy Straw-man.

Over here we call it playing the man and not the ball. Unable to refute my argument you are forced to ask "how old are you, 18 19?" "do you even know what a straw-man is" Which have nothing to do with the actual debate, and hence is a straw-man fallacy.

Anyway my thoughts on the actual subject are on par with Butler. Who is not a liberal arts professor as everyone claimed before i decided to unveil who had actually said what i typed.

It's OK to be wrong.

And notice how you just completely dodged everything I said? Oh wait, is this a strawman too?

Cause it was nothing to do with debate. You might think you're entitlted to an answer when you randomly question strangers about their personal details, but you aren't. So best just get used to it instead of following me about complaining i haven't told you my age.

I do know what it is. Trying to make out i'm 19 which has nothing to do with the debate is a great example.

No, that was a real question, notice how you still haven't answered it? Only someone incredibly young would roll into a thread acting like they're the only person in the thread who might know who a not at all obscure historical figure is, and then furiously pat themselves on the back for knowing it. That's exaclty what you did, and exactly why I asked, and exaclty why none of this is a strawman argument. It's also why I don't think you really understand what a strawman is. Are you getting this yet?

So now instead of debating the words of Smedley Butler or the words of the teacher we're now discussing what age i am and whether i'm familiar with the informal fallacy Straw-man.

Again, you're clearly confused. I'm addressing your words. Thus that isn't a strawman. You're clearly one of those people who just claims that any counterpoint of challenge to their nonsense is a "strawman" to avoid addressing their own nonsense.

Over here we call it playing the man and not the ball. Unable to refute my argument you are forced to ask "how old are you, 18 19?" "do you even know what a straw-man is" Which have nothing to do with the actual debate, and hence is a straw-man fallacy.

Uh...... I laid out the historical context behind his statements, told you that he wasn't the most decorated Marine in history (Chesty Puller is, and I knew he said nothing of the sort, which is why I asked you who you were talking about in the first place) and then told you you went on to do a terrible job of paraphrasing him. You responded by accusing me of having just googled him, because you're the only one experienced or intelligent enough to possibly comprehend the existence of Smedley Butler. Are you starting to come around yet to how badly you're being owned in this conversation? Literally nothing I've said is a strawman. Actually all of your points are.

Anyway my thoughts on the actual subject are on par with Butler. Who is not a liberal arts professor as everyone claimed before i decided to unveil who had actually said what i typed.

You don't even understand what his point was. That is yet another point I made that you rolled right past. Jesus, dude.

It's OK to be wrong.

Glad you're finally coming around to seeing that you've been wrong this whole time. (Did you see what I did there? That's a form of informal fallacy/strawman. Glad I could help you out with that.)

No, that was a real question, notice how you still haven't answered it? Only someone incredibly young would roll into a thread acting like they're the only person in the thread who might know who a not at all obscure historical figure is, and then furiously pat themselves on the back for knowing it. That's exaclty what you did, and exactly why I asked, and exaclty why none of this is a strawman argument. It's also why I don't think you really understand what a strawman is. Are you getting this yet?

Again, you're clearly confused. I'm addressing your words. Thus that isn't a strawman. You're clearly one of those people who just claims that any counterpoint of challenge to their nonsense is a "strawman" to avoid addressing their own nonsense.

Uh...... I laid out the historical context behind his statements, told you that he wasn't the most decorated Marine in history (Chesty Puller is, and I knew he said nothing of the sort, which is why I asked you who you were talking about in the first place) and then told you you went on to do a terrible job of paraphrasing him. You responded by accusing me of having just googled him, because you're the only one experienced or intelligent enough to possibly comprehend the existence of Smedley Butler. Are you starting to come around yet to how badly you're being owned in this conversation? Literally nothing I've said is a strawman. Actually all of your points are.

You don't even understand what his point was. That is yet another point I made that you rolled right past. Jesus, dude.

Glad you're finally coming around to seeing that you've been wrong this whole time. (Did you see what I did there? That's a form of informal fallacy/strawman. Glad I could help you out with that.)

I was born during the Carter administration. Not sure how that fits into your world view now. You seem to have built up this little narrative about me in your head where i'm really young an patting myself on the back. I actually know the truth so it's easy for me to just dismiss you as some fantasist trying to find out shit about me on the web.

You said he said nothing of the sort. He actually did. You say i'm 19 I was born in the 70's. I know how wrong you're being on everything. Anyway i'm going to have to cut you off Duke, i don't have time for this.

Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service. War is a racket (1935)

Smedley Butler's claims that his thinking is typical of everyone requires that he have god-like knowledge of the inner thoughts of everyone around him.

If you want to believe that, it's fine, but it's also fair to call bullshit on the claim that Smedley Butler is in fact, God.

I was born during the Carter administration. Not sure how that fits into your world view now. You seem to have built up this little narrative about me in your head where i'm really young an patting myself on the back. I actually know the truth so it's easy for me to just dismiss you as some fantasist trying to find out shit about me on the web.

You said he said nothing of the sort. He actually did. You say i'm 19 I was born in the 70's. I know how wrong you're being on everything. Anyway i'm going to have to cut you off Duke, i don't have time for this.

Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service. War is a racket (1935)

So how old are you? Why is that so hard to answer? I didn't ask what administration you were born during.

I asked how old you were. Your responses are hilarious. Accuse me of doing something, then turn around and do the very thing you just accused me of.

Lastly, people being owned always have to "cut someone off" because they don't have time in one final attempt to reassert some sort of control over a conversation that they're losing control of.

This guy is just the perfect example of the fart sniffing leftist douche who has never been punched in the face, and is lacking in character because of it.

So how old are you? Why is that so hard to answer? I didn't ask what administration you were born during.

I asked how old you were. Your responses are hilarious. Accuse me of doing something, then turn around and do the very thing you just accused me of.

Lastly, people being owned always have to "cut someone off" because they don't have time in one final attempt to reassert some sort of control over a conversation that they're losing control of.

You're the one following someone round the board demanding to know their age. Not even following the discussion of the thread now, and then gets bemused/offended that the person no longer wants to talk to the weirdo following them around talking about how old they are.

This guy is just the perfect example of the fart sniffing leftist douche who has never been punched in the face, and is lacking in character because of it.

Wheesht. Again all these false assumptions. You have these childish caricatures of people in your head and it's amusing to tease you about it. Well it was till someone started following me around cause they think i'm 19 or something.

Getting punched in the face is nothing. In fact i think i got my first broken nose before i was 10.

According to the 2015 statistics from the United Nations, Scotland is the world’s assault capital. Data showed that there is a huge possibility of being physically attacked in Scotland than anywhere else around the world.

The Scottish Government is none too pleased about it, as it paints Scotland as worse than notorious crime hotspots such as Columbia, Mexico and El Salvador. It even kicked Honduras off the top spot on the list of the most dangerous place in the world. Compared to Denmark, Ireland and Norway, Scotland’s assault rate is still higher.

Honduras only recorded 21 cases of serious bodily injury per 100,000 of the population, while Columbia logged at 172. Scotland’s 1,200 is just too high.

Wheesht. Again all these false assumptions. You have these childish caricatures of people in your head and it's amusing to tease you about it. Well it was till someone started following me around cause they think i'm 19 or something.

Getting punched in the face is nothing. In fact i think i got my first broken nose before i was 10.

I wasn't talking about you, you big egomaniac I was talking about professor twatwaffle in the TS's link.

You're the one following someone round the board demanding to know their age. Not even following the discussion of the thread now, and then gets bemused/offended that the person no longer wants to talk to the weirdo following them around talking about how old they are.

"Following someone around the board" rofl, shut up. Notice how I'm in no way offended, yet you're claiming that I am? What is that called again?

"Following someone around the board" rofl, shut up. Notice how I'm in no way offended, yet you're claiming that I am? What is that called again?

Bemused/offended i said. Hard to ascribe an exact emotion. I'll let you have the last word though...

I wasn't talking about you, you big egomaniac I was talking about professor twatwaffle in the TS's link.

Sorry, I just saw the two posts one talking about Smedley Butler which was to me, and then another that i also assumed to be me as it espoused some of the same sentiments made to me earlier. A mix up on my part.

Back