How's rumble underdog?????

grimballer

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
This makes no sense!

Rumble is on a tear ever since his move to lhw. He made top 10 fighters look like amateurs. On the other hand Gus only claim to fame is close fight with jones n since beat unranked manuwa.

Who's comes up with these odds?

I guess easy money to be made this weekend

This makes no sense!

Rumble is on a tear ever since his move to lhw. He made top 10 fighters look like amateurs. On the other hand Gus only claim to fame is close fight with jones n since beat unranked manuwa.

I dont see Rumble winning a 5-round decision or subbing Gus. He'd need a KO to win. And Gus has never been KO'd or in danger of being knocked out. Gus has the better cardio if/when this goes to decision.

Where do you see him as unranked? UFC has Manuwa ranked #10 and he was probably ranked higher when Gus beat him. Manuwa>>>>Lil Nog at this point.

Rumble beat up Phil Davis but I think Gus' close fight with Jones is more impressive, a fight many people say he won. Rumble matched up extremely well with Phil, he has the wrestling chops to avoid the takedown and is far superior to Phil on the feet. Phil might be a better wrestler than Gus but Gus is muuuuuch more technical on the fight, and I think he could even catch Rumble with a takedown by using a more diverse striking attack than Phil

Because odds makers use their brains and not their love for big muscles and explosiveness. Rumble has power but he plods forward and has no movement. Not to mention he's folded against fighters when he's not being the bully. Gus via tko or rnc.

Because odds makers use their brains and not their love for big muscles and explosiveness. Rumble has power but he plods forward and has no movement. Not to mention he's folded against fighters when he's not being the bully. Gus via tko or rnc.

This.

He's only folded being underweight

This makes no sense!

Hahaha well for one no one's been even remotely close to beating Jones, and many people think he actually WON the fights and already should be undisputed champion

This makes no sense!

Uh, it makes plenty of sense. Gustafsson has only 1 loss on his record and it happened a half decade ago. He arguably beat Jones and was the only man ever to take him down and stuff all of his takedowns (but 1). He's beaten solid fighters and has wins over vets and a former LHW champion and Pride GP winner. You're a Gus hater so this isn't surprising that you're attempting to downplay his skills.

Just so you know, Manuwa was not unranked when Gus beat him, he was ranked #9-#11 by most media so he was bottom/fringe Top 10. He can only beat who the UFC puts in front of him and Rumble will be next. It's very hard to see Rumble beating Gustafsson based on how they both match up. If you think that Rumble will be able to outpoint Gustafsson then that's borderline delusional. If you think that Rumble will knock Gustafsson out then explain how Davis, a far inferior striker to Gustafsson, was able to survive (and Arlovski too who doesn't have a good chin at all).

If you think that Rumble will be able to outpoint Gustafsson then that's borderline delusional. If you think that Rumble will knock Gustafsson out then explain how Davis, a far inferior striker to Gustafsson, was able to survive (and Arlovski too who doesn't have a good chin at all).

If he hurts him but fails to knock him out he can definitely win by decision.

Maybe the bell rings late again lol...

A lot of people are under the impression that Gustafsson is a god-like fighter because of the Jones fight, and the Manuwa gimme only furthered the hype. Don't get me wrong he's a very very good fighter, but he isn't untouchable. Lesser men have been quite competitive with Gustafsson.

A lot of people are under the impression that Gustafsson is a god-like fighter because of the Jones fight, and the Manuwa gimme only furthered the hype. Don't get me wrong he's a very very good fighter, but he isn't untouchable. Lesser men have been quite competitive with Gustafsson.

But he's gotten alot better.

Gus is better everywhere, except for power. His chin is solid though, so that kind of makes up for it.

All of this can also easily be applied to Rumble.

He has long history of not living up to his hype.

Was about to say the same thing.

Did we just become best friends??

How can this be applied to Rumble? Since when did he have a close fight with the dominant champion of his weight class?

Rumble showed a lot of potential when he didn't take his career as seriously and fought 2 divisions below his natural weight class. He's admitted to maturing which has led him to where he is at now, 1 fight away from fighting Jon Jones.

Rumble also has a win over an elite fighter in his prime and a win over a legend (past prime, yes but still recently won a decision against top 5 Rashad), something Gustafsson doesn't have.

If he hurts him but fails to knock him out he can definitely win by decision.

Maybe the bell rings late again lol...

Yes, he 'could' but it's a 5 round fight and he'll have to hurt him potentially more than once to win the decision. And as the fight goes on longer, don't expect that to happen because Rumble's cardio isn't as good as Gustafsson's. Getting hurt once may mean he loses the round, if it's able to drop him. So yeah.

Back