How would you score that a draw?

Persistant

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Curious how Khabib supposedly thought it was a draw.

5 round fight.

Someone would have had to win 3 rounds and lose the other 2 rounds 10-9 and 10-8. To get a 47-47 draw

Does he think Holloway won 3 rounds and lost 2, with one being a 10-8?

Help me understand how Khabib came up with a draw?!?!?

Fighters have no idea how to score.

For a draw, SOMEONE had to get a 10-8. And it sure wasn't Max who got a 10-8. So it seems to me that Khabib is saying Max won 3 rounds

which I find hard to believe also..

As much as I like Max and thought he would beat Dustin handily, it's hard to see how a reasonable fight fan thinks this was a draw.

I think he gave Holloway the second, third and fourth with Dustin winning the first 10-9 and the fifth 10-8

Stupid score though.

5 round fight.

Someone would have had to win 3 rounds and lose the other 2 rounds 10-9 and 10-8. To get a 47-47 draw

If Khabib honestly scored that a draw then he's a fuckin' moron. No way that fight was anywhere close to a draw. I think Khabib (or Ali, who knows who's writing these tweets) preferred the fight against Max, so that scoring was influenced heavily by very wishful thinking.

5 round fight.

You can score rounds 10-10 if theres not s clear winner instead of just flipping a coin

The judges scored it right 49-46 on all 3 cards with just the 3rd to Max and again all 3 judges scored it that way.

Maybe he didn’t even see it as a draw and is just fucking with his future opponent

It was kind of a toss to me. Had Max won I would have asked for an inmediate rematch, stil wouldnt call it a robbery cause it was very close. A draw or Dustin winning seemed right. I agree with the decision , maybe should have scored it a bit tighter but Poirier delivered massive damage and cleaner shots.

Max needs to realize that LW is another ballgame.... his punches wont hurt as much and his body wont be able to absorb as much damage. Dude will be like old Ali by the time he turns 40.

That was 100% that twerp Ali tweeting that. Khabib's attending an event in Russia tonight because his cousin is fighting (Battle on Volga 10). I highly doubt he stayed awake to watch that fight. Ali was at the venue, he manages Zelim.

I would take Khabib's scoring of a pure striking match with a grain of salt. You wouldn't ask Conor McGregor to score a wrestling match.

I'm surprised people can score it for Max. I'm literally a blessed nuthugger but he was getting battered out there.

5 round fight.

If I'm remembering the fight correctly, the way to get to a draw is:

R1: 10-8 Poirier
R2: 10-9 Poirier
R3: 10-9 Holloway
R4: 10-9 Holloway
R5: 10-9 Holloway

Not completely unreasonable. Those last three rounds we're fairly close.

Not saying it was a draw, but a fighter wouldn't have to get a 10-8 for it to be one.

Could have rounds like this: 10-9, 9-10, 10-10, 10-9, and 9-10, and it would be a draw.

Being politically correct. Especially since he expected Max to win. It’s just a small way to kind of cover his own ass. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Why read so much into it?

You can score rounds 10-10 if theres not s clear winner instead of just flipping a coin

Find one. On an actual judges scorecard.

I know of 1 10-10 that has been given by one judge.

If Khabib honestly scored that a draw then he's a fuckin' moron. No way that fight was anywhere close to a draw. I think Khabib (or Ali, who knows who's writing these tweets) preferred the fight against Max, so that scoring was influenced heavily by very wishful thinking.
Calling Khabib a fucking moron on the internet when we all know in real life you would be complimenting him and getting his autograph like a beta bitch.

Find one. On an actual judges scorecard.

I know of 1 10-10 that has been given by one judge.
I've seen it a bunch of times I don't care to show you examples.. its a thing.

Dustin 3-2

He busted Max up and had the closer moments to finishing.

He coasted a bit the last 2 so I could see an argument but it is a weak argument.

Back