How would you do against Amanda Nunes?

I've been caught cheating by a bigger chick with a krav maga and 8 year kickboxing history... I still have a dent in my shit but I was able to over power her without hurting her.

I have a feeling Nunes is a different animal though...

LOL @ needing to be 6'6", 300 lbs, a fighting prodigy or have incredible KO power to have a chance against a 135 lb female.
I think the point was simply to give both ends of the spectrum. That on one end you have your average slob with no training and bad cardio and on the other end you have some huge muscle guy that can hit hard as fuck.

It's a sliding scale and the advantage keeps getting larger for the men the bigger they are until it gets all the way to the point where it would be a massacre every time.

But there are definitely untrained males walking around that would lose to a WMMA grappler. Your average guy is going to be sucking wind in a street fight that involves wrestling probably 45 seconds in. Some in less time than that. A talented woman grappler could find ways to hang in there until the cardio then skill shifted in their favor.

Now if you start to slide down the scale and the guy knows how to throw a punch and has some cardio the odds start to change. But I think people would be surprised at the number of guys that don't meet that criteria.

I think the point was simply to give both ends of the spectrum. That on one end you have your average slob with no training and bad cardio and on the other end you have some huge muscle guy that can hit hard as fuck.

It's a sliding scale and the advantage keeps getting larger for the men the bigger they are until it gets all the way to the point where it would be a massacre every time.

But there are definitely untrained males walking around that would lose to a WMMA grappler. Your average guy is going to be sucking wind in a street fight that involves wrestling probably 45 seconds in. Some in less time than that. A talented woman grappler could find ways to hang in there until the cardio then skill shifted in their favor.

Now if you start to slide down the scale and the guy knows how to throw a punch and has some cardio the odds start to change. But I think people would be surprised at the number of guys that don't meet that criteria.
it's not just size, smart one, it's the sheer difference in male and female

i can fuck up woman that are much larger than me. men (in general) are stronger. more muscle tissue, different body types, not even speaking about how men and women move/use their muscles

a lil midget man on a tennis court still blasts a ball waaaaaay harder than gorilla serena williams. strength is something men will have over women

just like females are way more flexible in their muscles and bones/joints. of course there are exceptions to both sides, but in general females have nothing on men when it comes to sports

She may not be the best fighter in her division from a technical standpoint, in the sense of winning 3 round MMA fights, Ronda is better with her submissions, Holm is more technical, Cat beat her.

But I always thought she's the only 'scary' girl in that division with vicious power and aggression.
Her 10 seconds KO win in Strikeforce was scary, when she destroyed McMann like nothing as well.
Would definitely the only girl where I'd be careful in sparring, seriously looks like beast before she gasses.
Or the only woman where I wouldn't want to be in a street fight with.
Since the 'average guy vs Ronda' threads stopped what's about the average sherdogger vs Nunes?

I'd do one of those, "Aaawhhh awwh don't hit me, it hurts" type moves, then when she turned her back in disgust, I'd pounce on that ass.. Probably still get my ass kicked, but at least I could get in a couple of back of the head shots.

The actual average male in western society probably can't bench 200 lbs or throw a proper punch let alone defend any sort of takedown.

While in the rest of the world its only ubermachos walking down the streets.

I've trained and sparred with plenty of very good women over the years but the differnce between men and women is no joke, even when the womne is very good and man just a novice. Now there will be regular Joes who would lose to female fighters but there are also plenty of untrained guys who would badly hurt any female UFC fighter. There is a MASSIVE difference between men and women when it comes to absorbing punishment, a differecne that no amount of training or skill can overcome.

My stamina is awful and my stand up ain't good either, but I dont think I would be hurt standing too badly at least. Dont know if I would get submitted, but its a possibility. But hell if I know how would I do against her

Oh come on guys. A top female UFC BW is stronger than the average guy and actually has skills.

Nah, the average guy will still be about 50% stronger than girls the size of Nunes, even without much training. This is just a biological fact. For example, If you take some 150lb guy with an average physique, average strength and fitness level for man that size and compare him to a 150lb walk around weigh female BW, the guy will still have around 30lbs of extra muscle compared to the girl.

While in the rest of the world its only ubermachos walking down the streets.

I didn't mean that, but I think in more third world-esque places where manual labor is still the norm for making a living, a larger percentage of men might be in shape. And in a place like Korea with mandated military service or with a more dangerous atmosphere in daily life, the average guy might know how to punch.

I would still favor a female pro fighter over most men who don't train to fight but in terms of being pathetic physical specimens, men over there might tend to be less sad on average.

it's not just size, smart one, it's the sheer difference in male and female

i can fuck up woman that are much larger than me. men (in general) are stronger. more muscle tissue, different body types, not even speaking about how men and women move/use their muscles

a lil midget man on a tennis court still blasts a ball waaaaaay harder than gorilla serena williams. strength is something men will have over women

just like females are way more flexible in their muscles and bones/joints. of course there are exceptions to both sides, but in general females have nothing on men when it comes to sports
The first poster was right, you're reading comprehension is terrible! How did you get from my post that it was just about size? Strength, cardio, knowing how to punch were all in there with cardio being a huge factor when talking about the average person against any trained fighter.

You wrote an awful lot to say men are normally stronger. Yet strangely enough it's not bodybuilders at the top of each division. Why do you think they is? That's rhetorical btw.

The first poster was right, you're reading comprehension is terrible! How did you get from my post that it was just about size? Strength, cardio, knowing how to punch were all in there with cardio being a huge factor when talking about the average person against any trained fighter.

You wrote an awful lot to say men are normally stronger. Yet strangely enough it's not bodybuilders at the top of each division. Why do you think they is? That's rhetorical btw.
Dont be silly, cardio would never come into play, because such a fight would be over very quickly.

Dont be silly, cardio would never come into play, because such a fight would be over very quickly.

How strong exactly do you think the average untrained male is? Do you think the typical soft office worker can even bench 200 and squat and/or deadlift 300 lbs? Also does the average untrained male even know he's supposed to turn his weight into a power punch and if he does, will he remember to in a fight? I'm sure pro fighters are used to taking harder hits in training than the sloppy arm punches most guys will throw. If they do know/remember to rotate their hips, will it be while keeping their balance or will it be into wild haymakers that get them taken down on the first whiff?

I think average untrained males are severely overrated here on Sherdog lol.

How strong exactly do you think the average untrained male is? Do you think the typical soft office worker can even bench 200 and squat and/or deadlift 300 lbs? Also does the average untrained male even know he's supposed to turn his weight into a power punch and if he does, will he remember to in a fight? I'm sure pro fighters are used to taking harder hits in training than the sloppy arm punches most guys will throw. If they do know/remember to rotate their hips, will it be while keeping their balance or will it be into wild haymakers that get them taken down on the first whiff?

I think average untrained males are severely overrated here on Sherdog lol.

They're still men, and the physical wouldn't be a factor. Even a fairly weak dude, by male standards, will overpower a very athletic female. It would come down to mental, and like I said, any guy who's half decent physically, and has any alpha male in him where he's learned to stand up for himself at some point in his life, will ruin even the best trained woman when it really comes down to it.

Any grown man who has doubts about beating a 135 lb female in a fight, is either severely physically challenged, or a complete pussy.

They're still men, and the physical wouldn't be a factor. Even a fairly weak dude, by male standards, will overpower a very athletic female. It would come down to mental, and like I said, any guy who's half decent physically, and has any alpha male in him where he's learned to stand up for himself at some point in his life, will ruin even the best trained woman when it really comes down to it.

Any grown man who has doubts about beating a 135 lb female in a fight, is either severely physically challenged, or a complete pussy.

You didn't answer, does the typical soft office worker which is the average western male bench more than 200 or squat/deadlift more than 300 lbs? Liz Carmouche lifts more than that and top female BWs aren't getting overwhelmed by her strength - far from it lol - even though she's trained as well.

Also typical top female BWs are more 150-160 walking around. What you're talking about is beating up a SW...

Nah, the average guy will still be about 50% stronger than girls the size of Nunes, even without much training. This is just a biological fact. For example, If you take some 150lb guy with an average physique, average strength and fitness level for man that size and compare him to a 150lb walk around weigh female BW, the guy will still have around 30lbs of extra muscle compared to the girl.

The average male is untrained. They have no strength or condition. Even worse, they have no skills. "Natural" strength doesn't come Into it when you have untrained movement patterns.

-Imagine a 125 pound Olympic lifter female started training on a platform next to you on your first trip to the gym.
Are you going to match her strength in the clean and jerk and snatch? Are you even going to know what they are? Maybe you've seen the Olympics, ok, now replicate it by sight and memory... You are claiming the male would have those abilities over trained grapplers/strikers....

Even if the average 150 pound male was stronger than Nunes and the rest of the top 10 at the main lifts (which I don't believe, again, I've never seen an untrained 150 pounder bench even 130 pounds) they would still feel much weaker while fighting due to horrible striking mechanics (so they would have less power) and zero grappling knowledge (so no idea about keeping hips in or away, the push and pull flow of grappling etc).

As I mentioned, as a 125 pound 12 year old I was much weaker than full grown men 75+ pounds heavier than me but correct application of wrestling technique combined with superior speed and endurance would have them on their back pinned easily enough. Pretty easy when your opponent, despite his strength advantage, has no moves and no cardio.

The average male is nothing. It's 2015 not 20,115 BC.

I've a friend who recently started lifting.
He's 200 pounds, 6 foot tall.
Athletic, you could say, seeing as he was a state sprinter in high school (early 20s so not too long ago). Soft sure but not fat by any means.

Anyway untrained he managed a few reps of 110 on the bench.

That's how strong the "average" untrained 200 pounder is at bench.

A few shit reps of 110. This is why I say an elite WMMA BW is going to be stronger than the average male in the gym, let alone while performing her sport specific movement patterns in MMA.

The average male is nothing. It's 2015 not 20,115 BC.

I've a friend who recently started lifting.
He's 200 pounds, 6 foot tall.
Athletic, you could say, seeing as he was a state sprinter in high school (early 20s so not too long ago). Soft sure but not fat by any means.

Anyway untrained he managed a few reps of 110 on the bench.

That's how strong the "average" untrained 200 pounder is at bench.

A few shit reps of 110. This is why I say an elite WMMA BW is going to be stronger than the average male in the gym, let alone while performing her sport specific movement patterns in MMA.

But the average untrained male is akin to an ape compared to any female according to much of Sherdog.

Have any of you guys ever actually trained in any combat sports with high level females? I have and I can tell you now, many, many average, untrained men would still be more than capable of beating them up in any kind of fight.

And lol at anyone who believes that those Liz Carmouche lifting stats are true. Just shows how you guys have no clue what you are on about and will lap up absolutely anything you are told when it comes to fighter hype. You are no doubt the same people who were adamant that Ronda Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather and male bantamweights, hey if Dan White and Joe Rogan said so then it must be true lol.

As I mentioned, as a 125 pound 12 year old I was much weaker than full grown men 75+ pounds heavier than me but correct application of wrestling technique combined with superior speed and endurance would have them on their back pinned easily enough. Pretty easy when your opponent, despite his strength advantage, has no moves and no cardio.

IEFkbzD.gif

Back