How would you describe your game?

My game is slow paced , very tight , dont like to give an inch.Gi , nogi all the same to me. I have a good guard but prefer to be on top and stay heavy.
Also im black , so I can be very explosive and athletic :D

Universal and aggressive. I'm not especially attached to playing on top or bottom, to passing fast or heavy, to dealing with my opponent via movement or pressure, it really just depends on the position. I've won matches via sweeping, passing, and submitting from pretty much every position. The only defining feature of my game is that it is pretty sporty and I'm always really, really aggressive.

Hasty and incomplete. Lol

Perhaps crafty and methodical, otherwise.

I will say that being heavy and trying to crush people comes more naturally than guard work but that may be because I am fat. :redface:
this. I need to stop training less than 3x a week :icon_sad:

I've had several people tell me my game is sneaky or tricky. Not sure if compliment

In the tachiwaza, I'm a big believer that everything is better with spinning. Most of my favorite throws are big forward throws (tai otoshi and ippon seoi nage), or big backward/diagonal throws (Korean morote). I'm definitely explosive.

In the newaza, I'm a one trick pony. Juji gatame all fucking day, and I bully people to get it, whenever I can. If I'm outclassed on the ground, I try to be more methodical.

Last edited:
I've had several people tell me my game is sneaky or tricky. Not sure if compliment

I don't really get that. Your guard is just hard to pass.

Small transitions. (Hardly anything unique, but something I'm conscious of in more than one regard.)

I embody the spirit of the Anaconda.

photo.jpg

Hard to explain. I guess it depends on where I'm at. If I'm in a club it's a little more physical. My game is more based on physical appearance cause Its loud and I can't really talk initially. I do the normal thing. You know...eye contact, dance with them a little bit. If I feel it's worth pursuing I might get them a drink and crack a couple of jokes.

At a house party or indoor function I'll usually just walk up say "hi" introduce myself. Try to guess what their job is. Have them guess what my job is and crack a few jokes in between. A lot more conversation based you know?

Hard to explain. I guess it depends on where I'm at. If I'm in a club it's a little more physical. My game is more based on physical appearance cause Its loud and I can't really talk initially. I do the normal thing. You know...eye contact, dance with them a little bit. If I feel it's worth pursuing I might get them a drink and crack a couple of jokes.

At a house party or indoor function I'll usually just walk up say "hi" introduce myself. Try to guess what their job is. Have them guess what my job is and crack a few jokes in between. A lot more conversation based you know?

golf-clap.gif

A white belt trying to characterize their so called game is a bit silly, but here goes.

I used to be pretty guard heavy, especially half, but now I've focused a lot on passing and having a heavy top game. It has certainly proved beneficial against heavier guys.

As a whole I try to stay tight and keep things moving at my pace.

Scrambly. I catch most of my subs in scrambles I create probably sure to my rasslin background.

"Whatever works"

I prefer open guard with a collar grip (like Kron) or X Guard
From the top I like to pass standing (knee cuts, leg drags and x-pass)

Back