How would you describe your game?

Takedown/sweep, pass, submit. Lots of pressure and smothering top control. Guard is only used to sweep and or stall. Rarely do I attempt subs from my back unless it's gifted to me.

It used to be a lazy player. But now that I'm training at BTT, I can't have a lazy game. They have a combo of slickness and pressure so you always have to be moving. So it's turning more into a flowing reactionary style.

my bjj game looks more like sambo than bjj.

throws, leglocks, lack of guard.

sweep early then try to maintain top position because that's really all I'm any good at as of yet

These threads are always kind of awkward because they lead to a lot of humble bragging. As to my game:

Kinda poop off my back with people who really know what they are doing, and I am way too dependent on x-guard. Pressure player on top but struggle mightily with flexible butterfly/dlr players. If I am no gi, I prefer to stick in side control and work from there. With gi, I prefer mount.

Wait, I meant: I am Rodolfo Vieira on top and Marcelo on bottom. I am constant pressure, battering you from all sides. I am a bjj tsunami, coming in waves, slowly wiping out the populace. I am Jack's mangled shoulder.

Mostly slow and pondering, with a mediocre guard (closed is ok, spider and cross guards are decent, everything else is shit), a couple of go to side escapes, and crushing (fat) pressure from the top.

On the plus side, I've been told (by several black belts - no bullshit :wink:) that I have a good base that makes it really hard to sweep me, and a good understanding of how and where to post.

My passing is probably my strongest suit. I try to use a lot of pressure to pass, even when standing. Leg drags and all that come pretty easy to me, but smash passes are my bread and butter.

Hard to analyze myself, but training partners tell me my guard is "impossible, sneaky, technical."

I love guard, especially Closed and Butterfly, but much prefer to throw motherf***ers and then force half guard and crush them.

So... my game is sneaky, technical, crushing. Mwahaha.

...Until I face someone better than me. Then my game is gasping for air, looking for frames, and bridging really hard.

These threads are always kind of awkward because they lead to a lot of humble bragging.

Wait, I meant: I am Rodolfo Vieira on top and Marcelo on bottom. I am constant pressure, battering you from all sides. I am a bjj tsunami, coming in waves, slowly wiping out the populace. I am Jack's mangled shoulder.

Spot on

How would I describe my game.......

Utter sh!t would be the term that springs to mind.

[YT]PDqxbxzRFP4[/YT]

Tall man's game. Closed guard, triangles, body triangles, darce chokes.

I have a different game from the bottom depending on how people are passing.

Standing pass
DLR to situp guard

on the knees passing
half guard to deep half

eventually will try to lead back into half guard.

Passing
pressure with side to side movement. Leg weave and torriando are two main ones. I'm always controlling the legs.

Overall big man game

Fakes, set ups and misdirection all the way.

Back