how would Wonderboy vs Lombard go?

How quickly so called MMA fans forget..

'Wonderboy decapitates him'... yeahhhhh Lombard isn't a fat, plodding sitting duck like Hendricks.

Wonderboy got bounced around by Matt Brown.

It would be a good fight but I would not be surprised if Lombard hulk smashed him. I also wouldn't be surprised if Wonderboy used his dynamic striking to win.. these are top fighters..

People talking about Burkman and Boetsch... did you even watch those fights? Those two men fought deathly scared, barely engaged and were just trying to survive. They weren't fighting to win and thus the fights were awful to watch.

I like everything else you've said in this post; however, the Matt Brown fight was nearly four years ago...

Jake Shields came *this* close from landing a CLEAN head kick on Lombard. Imagine what Wonderboy would do to him.

/Sherdoggery

Easy win for Thompson. Lombard is off the juice and in his late thirties. Thompson coming off the best performance of his career. Way better movement than Hector. He can kick the shit out of him just like he did Hendricks. Then guys just get desperate to come in and he counter punches them with that straight right.

'Wonderboy decapitates him'... yeahhhhh Lombard isn't a fat, plodding sitting duck like Hendricks.

It would be a good fight but I would not be surprised if Lombard hulk smashed him. I also wouldn't be surprised if Wonderboy used his dynamic striking to win.. these are top fighters..

People talking about Burkman and Boetsch... did you even watch those fights? Those two men fought deathly scared, barely engaged and were just trying to survive. They weren't fighting to win and thus the fights were awful to watch.
You're right, Lombard is a non-fat plodding sitting duck. He has zero movement, is extremely one-dimensional on the feet and would be giving up a ton of height/reach. WB would fuck him up on the feet without question.

Would be a fun fight. I see Wonderboy taking a UD

However. Lombard has such monstrous power. It's really a matter of Lombard stopping Wonderboy's movement and getting his timing down. He's not matching his volume but Lombard can end him in one blow.

If Lombard could find his groove in the octagon it would be a great fight, stylistically very exciting.

However I have been underwhelmed with him in the UFC so far. I'd like to see him in action again before calling him a win against top 5 guys

Lombard doesn't move well. He'd be a sitting duck.

flat footed plodding Lombard would lose by decision to Captain Movement, Wonderboy. Agreed. I don't know if he finishes Lombard but he could land something big.

This fight all depends on where the fight takes place. As long as WB keeps it at distance he wins. If this fight takes place at boxing distance or shorter WB is in trouble.

I still think WB takes it.

Very much like Hendricks fight, maybe a bit longer cause Lombard is a better athlete and moves better

Possibly like Leben vs Andy.

Wonderboy would be like a -1000 underdog my mind for that one

You're right, Lombard is a non-fat plodding sitting duck. He has zero movement, is extremely one-dimensional on the feet and would be giving up a ton of height/reach. WB would fuck him up on the feet without question.

Yeah... That Lombard.. Always getting whipped on the feet.. He sucks there.

Yeah... That Lombard.. Always getting whipped on the feet.. He sucks there.
I'm not saying he sucks, but simply that WB is on another level and a terrible stylistic match-up for him. Hendricks isn't a bad MMA striker either, he was very competitive with Lawler, yet he got clowned by WB. WB is lanky with next generation movement, Lombard is short and stationary. As unimpressive as Tim Boetsch looked against Lombard, he was successful in shutting down Lombard's offense with movement. How you think he'd keep up with WB is beyond me.

Meh. Wonderboys' style is perfect for picking apart shorter fighters like Lombard. He'd be eating head kicks pretty quick

The brown fight was years ago and wonder boys wrestling was n/a. Since then he's been training with Weidman, among others,and has developed good tdd

But Nobody equates growth. A guy loses years ago and he's the same guy now, but that's not the case with RDA, lawler, and won't be with Wonderboy

What is typically fact is when dudes get off the juice, they fight like grandmothers

I'm kinda intrigued by this fight if Hector works his way up. Definitely don't see this going to the ground, and see Hector as a nightmare for anyone when he is on. I actually would favor him over Robbie Lawlor
I am a huge Lombard fan but i think Wonder will take it if Hector does not grapple.

I am all for the new Wonderboy hype, but Lombard takes it.
Are you serious?? Lombard is by no means a lengthy WW. Anyone with limited reach and mobility for this war horse of a striker in Wonderboy will be nothing but a steak dinner for him. Lombard will empty entire clips and hit nothing but air. Lombard's head will hit the mat eyes shut and will retire when he wakes up.

Last edited:
For people wondering how Lombard closes his distance against much taller fighters at WW.

Back