How would Weidman do against this man(lost 1fight in 10yrs &has finished 94% of win)?

DYNAMiC027

Blue Belt
Reaction score
mamed_khalidov_signature_by_hallaronaldo-d5ezgmm.png

Time is running out for Uncle Dana to sign one of the most exciting fighters in the world today.. Never seen a Mamed Khalidov fight? You should go check out some of that action, NOW!! His ultra-aggressive pressure and sub skills could make for an interesting tilt. i don't see Rockhold beating Chris this time. Jacare -- i'd give him a better chance to take the belt, and hell, i'd love to see Khalidov against him aswell.

What say you fight fans?? How do yall see him matching up?

Khalidov Vs Weidman?
'' Vs Jacare?
'' Vs Rockhold?

...and i'll even throw in Dan Henderson, Anderson Silva, and Vitor Belfort for good measure??? So many great matchups to be made; so little time! Belfort/Khalidov would be INSANE!!! LEt's GOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Khalidov would be a mid-tier fighter in the UFC. I think even non-TRT Vitor would blitz him. I'd give him 50/50 vs Dollaway.

A good barometer would be a fight with Brunson.

Mamed is really fun to watch fighter, but KSW is protecting him from fighting some real competition.

He would probably got killed by Chris, but top10 is in his reach : )

I would think CW would smash him in.

He needs to get out in to the big leagues and fight some better fighters before we can make a valid argument FOR him IMO
He has some 'known fighters' (Lindland/Manhoef/Irvin/Grove) on his list of victories in fairness but this doesnt put him anywhere near top 10 in the UFC...

This is another guy id have to watch fight in the States once or twice before I can comment on how well id think he would do

Let's put it this way, I'm not convinced Khalidov would beat a guy like Bisping.

He's older, he's getting paid good money to fight close to home crushing low to mid-tier guys, and his strict observance of religious holidays and such would conflict with traveling for the UFC. Now that UFC is doing more European shows now, maybe he'd be more likely to consider an offer, but I bet he makes more than the 20/20 the UFC might pay him for his first fight.

I think he beats guys like Leites, Boetsch, etc, but struggles against the elite, Bisping might even beat him on a good night. I'd like to see him in the UFC regardless.

Let's put it this way, I'm not convinced Khalidov would beat a guy like Bisping.

i think that's a fun fight.. i'm not convinced of it either. But the point is, the possibilities of some of these fights.. Ufc needs more well-rounded, all-action guys to spice things up. Heck i'd even take Storm Schlemenko!

Mamed would be good to bring in. I don't think he'd be top of the division though.

Ok, but who has he fought? Before Silva?? Munoz and some glorified WWs? Hall?? Give me a break. The kid's good, but far from untouchable.

Who's he fought??? He has the best resume at MW right now. "Who has Mamed fought?" is a more poignant question for this discussion because he generally beats up guys who can't hold their spot in the UFC. Then you capped that off with an even weirder strawman argument.

Ok, but who has he fought? Before Silva?? Munoz and some glorified WWs? Hall?? Give me a break. The kid's good, but far from untouchable.

This. Not that I agree with TS and think whatever random can he is talking about would beat anybody in the UFC let alone the champion, but people need to stop acting like Weidman has been some unstoppable wrecking machine.

He is obviously a good fighter but people calling for a "dream fight" against Jon Jones are joking. The guy has several extremely dangerous matchups coming up and has only defended his belt once a year since getting it against guys who are past their primes; relax.

his strict observance of religious holidays and such would conflict with traveling for the UFC

Not to turn this into THAT kind of thread, but: I love how violently reducing another man's lifespan for money is religiously A-okay, but "whoa nelly" if some arbitrarily-assigned holiday isn't properly observed.

Probably the dumbest thing I've read on Sherdog in 2015. Congratulations. You are an idiot among idiots.

I just Youtubed him. That Drago music isn't as scary as it used to be.
Khalidov looks like a wild striker with a limited ground game. Weidman would eat him for lunch.

UFC needs to come up with a better contract. They tried to sign him three years ago and only offered him 20k show/20k win.

Back