How would todays PC culture react to this?

I didn't need to watch that. That doesn't belong on video.

Kirk Lazarus would never fly

Y’all might be in for a treat. You know, back before the war broke out, I was a saucier in San Antone. I bet I could collar up some of them greens. Yeah, noodle some crawfish out the paddy, yo. Ha! And maybe some crab apples for dessert, now, you hear? Hell yeah, hah!

Never heard of that but watched the first video and was entertaining.

It was only today a national newspaper in the uk showed how only a few years ago celebs here could still "blackface" and no one batted an eye lid.

From time to time I'll watch Little Britain sketches for a giggle.

It could still happen now, but the only difference is that certain white bros would pretend to be offended by it. Other "white face" characters that people of all races laughed and weren't offended by:

NippyDeepAmazontreeboa-small.gif

Donald_Glover_Teddy_Perkins-1523294453-compressed.png
True_Identity_FilmPoster.jpeg

Are you suggesting double-standards actually lead to equality and the fruition of a post-racial society?

Also, you might want to look up the definition of racism. Where racism is directed at is irrelevant, to whether or not it is racism.

racism
Dictionary result for racism
/ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/
noun
noun: racism
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I think the last part about one's race being superior is important. I think the history of blackface is very racist and was all about looking down on and making black people look inferior. You can't say the same about whiteface.

I'm not one of those people that think black people can't be racist, I see evidence of racist black people every day, \I just think blackface and whiteface is different. History is important.

Are you suggesting double-standards actually lead to equality and the fruition of a post-racial society?

Also, you might want to look up the definition of racism. Where racism is directed at is irrelevant, to whether or not it is racism.

It won't lead to equality but it is a reality.

And you can't ignore the context and power dynamic in these sorts of things. This is why insults and jokes towards women are sexist, but insults towards men aren't. There's no history (or present) of women systemically oppressing men. Individually these things be discriminatory, in bad taste, or outright wrong, but racism and sexism are systems of power, so they can only go one way.

Racism is now dependent upon your geographical location. So racists can just move to another country and wham, problem solved.

Racism is racism. Changing the definition is what racist do to justify their own. Sad to see idiots continue to do it.

Last edited:
It's almost like it's not the same thing because whites aren't at the bottom of society and haven't been ridiculed, humiliated for their hair and skin color by other races.

<seedat>

Whites are most certainly at the bottom, middle and top of society. Do you consider Obama to be at the bottom of society?

Whites are most certainly at the bottom, middle and top of society. Do you consider Obama to be at the bottom of society?
Just trying to change the definition to fit their own horrid views. Happens all the time.

in much the same vein, I wonder how Ali G would be taken if he came out w/ that character today?

he never did blackface AFAIK, but I can see 'cultural appropriation' being thrown at that. Got away w/ Borat b/c Kazaks or whatnot aren't going to whine about that, and if they do they have no power haha

This was on American prime time TV like 25 years ago. How times have changed.

This is offensive:

This is funny:

If you can't see the difference between what these two videos are doing, I can't help you.

That guy makes some good shows,angry boys was hilarious

Back