How would todays PC culture react to this?

I'm a little bit late to Angry Boys on HBO. It isn't terribly popular in America to my knowledge.
Oh my godddddddddddddddddddddd.. It is top 5 funniest shows I have ever watched

Could a comedian get away with doing this character in todays PC culture?

I am pretty sure this would become really popular with anyone that ever liked Ali G or Borat.

The thing is in todays culture that is a reaction to PC culture you have a lot of really low quality group think where the point is to trigger the other person and people get riled up over the fact that they can trigger someone rather than have any sort of message other than their ability to trigger others. It is as if all the losers who weren't funny enough to become a class clown formed a group where their ability to pour salt on the wounds of others was a substitute for intelligent clowning as if clowning itself doesn't have a long rich history that is being coopted by bigoted imbeciles with inferiority complexes and bullies that have formed a cohesive identity through internet troll culture.

Those clips were probubaly the dumbest shot I’ve ever scene and not funny in the slightest.

On topic.. didn’t find the video all that funny tbh, but I do think people would lose their shit in the US if they did it.

People need to lighten the fuck up imo. The shits just entertainment.

Lighten up about BlackFace? DO YOU MEAN WHITEN BECAUSE THAT SHIT....

It's almost like it's not the same thing because whites aren't at the bottom of society and haven't been ridiculed, humiliated for their hair and skin color by other races.

<seedat>

Yeah because that’s the only reason it’s wrong to do shit like that.. either something is racist/bigoted or it isn’t.

either something is racist/bigoted or it isn’t.

Agreed.

Ridiculing a group that's been historically humiliated and stigmatized for their color is wrong. Therefore blackface is racist, whiteface isn't.

Remember when the Wayne's Brothers did White Face as women...

That movie couldn't happen now days..
they are making white chicks 2 =) someone actually gave marlon wayans milions of dollars to do that again fml.

they are making white chicks 2 =) someone actually gave marlon wayans milions of dollars to do that again fml.

For real? Wow, I haven't heard about that at all. The faux outrage is going to be rife and entertaining.
<{smellit?}>

How about that pastor Jesse king character from little Britain?

Agreed.

Ridiculing a group that's been historically humiliated and stigmatized for their color is wrong. Therefore blackface is racist, whiteface isn't.
Are you suggesting double-standards actually lead to equality and the fruition of a post-racial society?

Also, you might want to look up the definition of racism. Where racism is directed at is irrelevant, to whether or not it is racism.

Blackface isn't as offensive in Australia as it is in the US. If this was aired in the US it would have elicited a TON of controversy. I remember Harry Connick Jr. was a guest on an Australian show and there was a blackface act in the show and Harry got pissed and told them that wouldn't fly in the US. I think this aired in 2011. Yeah, even in Australia these days it would elicit more controversy and might even get picked up by the international/American press.
it was aired in the US.. was on HBO.. all his shows are.

I get how blackface is offensive. But funny is funny. This is not.

Kirk Lazarus would never fly

Attachments

• 173118_1232610285099_full.jpg
    173118_1232610285099_full.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 0
Back