Opinion How would the immigration process work if you were tasked with a redesign?

Twerknasty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Describe your immigration process. How would you deal with illegals?

I'm a liberal. I want open borders, haven't you heard? Silly question!

pg43Xbv.gif

Describe your immigration process. How would you deal with illegals?
An honest answer for me would be maybe looking at the visa program we have. Alot of people that are here illegally now, came here legally.

No discussion is able until we can say the border is secured. I don't give a shit about a physical wall. Drones and humans work

Otherwise Its like emptying water out of a boat with holes in it.

But let's pretend we cut the current illegal entries down 90% and people actually leave once their visa is up.

Again without that, my idea doesnt work. It would just be a continuous cycle.

1. Lived her longer than 10 years illegally with no felonies = 2000 fine. Citezenship.

2. Lived her under 5-10 years no felony.
2000 fine. Probationary citizenship (cant vote) eventual citizenship.

3. Less than 5 years...you got to go. Unable to ever legally apply if deported.

4. Felonies. You got to go.

Major fines for employers who hire illegals.
End catch and release
Adjust or remove the 14th ammendment.

No discussion is able until we can say the border is secured. I don't give a shit about a physical wall. Drones and humans work

But let's pretend we cut the current illegal entries down 90% and people actually leave once their visa is up.

1. Lived her longer than 10 years illegally with no felonies = 2000 fine. Citezenship.

End catch and release
Thank you for your post! Hopefully we can get some more like this.

End catch and release
This, mostly. The birthright citizenship would get rid of the workaround to collect welfare.

Problem is they came here illegally so it's difficult to prove how long they've been here. They'd have to prove consistent employment here and their employers would be subject to the penalties of having hired them illegally for 5 or 10 years.

Those who've been paid under the table should also pay back taxes.

England :

I don't see our problem being about immegrants as much as it is people not working and sitting cushy on the social benefits...
With that,
I'd say immigrant or not - if you aren't paying in, you get jack shit an if you don't like it, fuck off.

Put very bluntly of course.

England :

I don't see our problem being about immegrants as much as it is people not working and sitting cushy on the social benefits...
With that,
I'd say immigrant or not - if you aren't paying in, you get jack shit an if you don't like it, fuck off.

Put very bluntly of course.
I like that!

They'd have to prove consistent employment here and their employers would be subject to the penalties of having hired them illegally for 5 or 10 years.

Those who've been paid under the table should also pay back taxes.

Good point.

I think the immigration process mostly works fine.

There's a thing in business called shrinkage. In short, it's the amount of loss that a business expects from theft or waste that they just can't prevent. They don't want any loss from theft but they accept that it's going to happen.

As I write this post, I'm not aware of the exact number of people who enter the country illegally or enter legally and then overstay their visas. If the number isn't that high, you just write it off as shrinkage. If it's too high then you put more money in deportation efforts.

Nothing against the border but that's a point of diminishing returns. No matter what you do, once you have a system, highly motivated parties will find a way to circumvent your system. You want to do enough to dissuade simple rule breakers.

However, you're always going to be playing catch up with the highly sophisticated rule breakers. Chasing them means spending money to close off strategies after they've already been exploited. The first time someone finds their way around your border system, you won't know. You won't know until the exploit becomes significant...at which point, all of the illegals have already entered the nation. So, enforce the border but you have to accept some shrinkage.

Forget the wall, too expensive and impractical.

1) offer a path to citizenship to those that have been here for 3 years or less and have been law abiding (setting aside their illegal entry, or staying past their Visa expiration).

Priorities will be afforded to those with children.

2) deport immediately, any illegal with a violent criminal record.

3) treat illegals who are part of gangs residing in the US as terrorists

4) apply huge fines to employers which hire illegal help without meeting due diligence back ground checks.

5) cut off all social service programs to illegals, (unless/until) they register their illegal status to the federal government.

It would work the exact way it works now but I'd actually enforce the law. All illegals would be deported and we'd go from there. A properly secured border wall would be built and local militias would patrol areas known for illegal traffic.

Forget the wall, too expensive and impractical.

1) offer a path to citizenship to those that have been here for 3 years or less and have been law abiding (setting aside their illegal entry, or staying past their Visa expiration).

Priorities will be afforded to those with children.

2) deport immediately, any illegal with a violent criminal record.

3) treat illegals who are part of gangs residing in the US as terrorists

4) apply huge fines to employers which hire illegal help without meeting due diligence back ground checks.

5) cut off all social service programs to illegals, (unless/until) they register their illegal status to the federal government.

I think 3 years is too short, partly because of how long people wait to legally immigrate.

What about second time offenders of sneaking in illegally should get shot.

For those that already made it into the country:
- Existing illegal aliens in the country will be able to obtain a temporary ID, unless they have criminal background, gang affiliation or extremist ideologies
- If illegal aliens who registered for temporary ID demonstrate they have stable employment, pay income taxes for 5 consecutive years and free of any criminal charges, they are eligible to become permanent residents after taking English assessment exam.
- Those with criminal history, gang or terrorist connections will be immediately deported without exception.

For new arrivals:
- Skill based immigration only. You need to have specialized knowledge (i.e. scientists, engineers, doctors) to be considered.
- Newly arrived illegal aliens will be denied entry to the country, and processed offshore in detention until their deportation date.
- Reduce the number of refugees accepted, and asylum seekers arriving at the border will be turned back. UN convention requires refugees to seek asylum in the first safe country they enter.
- Refugees will need a sponsor, and the cost of housing and feeding the refugee will be billed to that sponsor. Let's see how generous SJWs are when they have to pay out of their own pockets.

Back