How Would Tarec Saffeidine vs Matt Brown Go?

SuperBadAzz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think this is a fight we could see next. I feel Lombard-Brown is a possibility since Hector doesn't have an opponent yet, but if he were to get someone else I can see Tarec-Brown being set up. I would be all for it, I think it would be an awesome fight.

That said, it's hard to pick a winner. I feel Saff could land some good kicks & hurt Matt, but I also feel Brown could make it ugly & brawl to another victory. Who do you think wins & how? If I had to choose I'd pick Tarec by UD..

I would like to see this fight, Brown by tko

very intriguing match up ts. i've got brown by TKO. it'd def. be a war.

I would pick Tarec to win, leg kicks and body kicks would be his keys to victory.

I think this would be a bad fight for Brown actually. He could pull it off, but it's definitely an uphill battle, which he is used to by now.

Tarec via kick related TKO.

I'm far less taken with Brown than most on here, and I like Tarec as a fighter, but the styles clash in such a way that would make me favour Brown by first or maybe second round stoppage. Saffeidine is a slow starter and I'm not sold on him defensively (I think he squares himself up and relies on a high guard far too much when an opponent can close the distance). One thing I will say for Brown is that very few fighters in MMA handle know how to handle the kind of pressure he can exert very well.

Now, if Saffeidine could weather the early storm and get into his rhythm, I could see him beating Brown up, but I have my doubts that he could handle the early onslaught. Interesting fight where we'd learn a fair amount about both fighters.

Brown is like one of five or six fighters that I'm always willing to watch a card for - PPV or not. That said, I don't know how he'd handle Tarec's kicks. Saff is really good at utilizing perfect distance to land those beasts. Could Matt plow through to land his bombs? I hope so, but I don't know.

I'd go with Tarec. Why hasn't Tarec fought recently??????????

Hyun Gyu Lim found some success in the last round of the last fight coming forward with a brawling style.

speaking of exiting fights.. I know its doesn't make sense rankings wise but Hyun Gyu Lim vs Brown would be epic.

I could see Brown winning this but Tarec would be the favorite lol Brown could surprise again though.

I'm far less taken with Brown than most on here, and I like Tarec as a fighter, but the styles clash in such a way that would make me favour Brown by first or maybe second round stoppage. Saffeidine is a slow starter and I'm not sold on him defensively (I think he squares himself up and relies on a high guard far too much when an opponent can close the distance). One thing I will say for Brown is that very few fighters in MMA handle know how to handle the kind of pressure he can exert very well.

Now, if Saffeidine could weather the early storm and get into his rhythm, I could see him beating Brown up, but I have my doubts that he could handle the early onslaught. Interesting fight where we'd learn a fair amount about both fighters.

yeah pretty much this

tarecs kicks could cause brown huge problems but browns constant pressure and aggression would turn this in to a brawl and tarec wouldnt have an answer

browns vs diaz or condit would be great imo. i think those would be incredible wars. other than that i think brown mauls lower tiered strikers and gets owned by all the ww grapplers

More winnable fight for Brown than Lombard, but I think Tarec would take it. Wouldn't surprise me if Brown won, tho.

We need to see more from Saffiedine. He's been out for awhile.

He's is quite the fighter when it comes to fighting out of both southpaw and orthodox fluidly. He switches between the two impressively. That is always troubling for opponents early on. And he is very adept at faking low and going to the body or head with his kicks. Which could pose major problems to Brown. But as other have said, he needs a round usually to find his rhythm and Brown isn't one to wait around to start battering his opponents.

Hard for me to predict honestly.

The reff would tell them to fight fair and come out ready and then do some sort of hand motion and yell FIGHT.

Something like that.

I like it, but I think Tarec would gas and Brown would take over. Tarec would need to work early and hard on leg kicks to slow him down and bank that money. Traditionally Tarec is a slow starter so I think its more likely Brown wears on him in the clinch and on the ground to take a decision or finish.

Hyun Gyu Lim found some success in the last round of the last fight coming forward with a brawling style.

speaking of exiting fights.. I know its doesn't make sense rankings wise but Hyun Gyu Lim vs Brown would be epic.

I could see Brown winning this but Tarec would be the favorite lol Brown could surprise again though.

I came here to say this, and again yes it wouldn't make sense ranking wise but fuck it would be fun as hell to watch!! Maybe one day in the future!

more interested to see brown against someone with a strong takedown and ground game.

would be a great match up. Tarec will take this by tko bodyshots 2nd rnd!

Great matchup. I can't predict. My balls are killing me from all the fence sitting I'm doing here, but I really can't pick.

I think this is a fight we could see next. I feel Lombard-Brown is a possibility since Hector doesn't have an opponent yet, but if he were to get someone else I can see Tarec-Brown being set up. I would be all for it, I think it would be an awesome fight.

That said, it's hard to pick a winner. I feel Saff could land some good kicks & hurt Matt, but I also feel Brown could make it ugly & brawl to another victory. Who do you think wins & how? If I had to choose I'd pick Tarec by UD..
Tarec is a dangerous technical striker with good cardio, not a great matchup for Brown. Although if Brown can wether the initial storm, and swarm him / get off first he has a great chance of the TKO. Browns' shear volume of attacks would overwhelm Tarec. Tarec would need to keep it on the outside and try to pick Brown apart.

Back