How would Ronda do at ADCC?

B-level grapplers like MacKenzie Dern would maul her ass.

HW like Gabi Garcia would paralyze her for life.

Anyone who could beat her at ADCC would beat her in MMA as well; Rousey's primarily a grappler, if you can beat her grappling you can beat her in MMA.

I don't know who Dern is, but if she can maul Rousey's ass in ADCC she should make her way into MMA and earn millions.

Last edited:
B-level grapplers like MacKenzie Dern would maul her ass.

HW like Gabi Garcia would paralyze her for life.

You called Mackenzie a b level grappler? Ban this guy.

Mackenzie is a world champ. She Also has beat gabi. She would submit Honda too.

Anyone who could beat her at ADCC would beat her in MMA as well; Rousey's primarily a grappler, if you can beat her grappling you can beat her in MMA.

I don't know who Dern is, but if she can maul Rousey's ass in ADCC she should make her way into MMA and earn millions.

She is my teammate ! She would submit her in a grappling match for sure. As for mma, she would probably be to small and inexperienced.

You called Mackenzie a b level grappler? Ban this guy.

Mackenzie is a world champ. She Also has beat gabi. She would submit Honda too.

Did I say she's not a world champ? Did I say she won't beat Rousey? She is what, 1-4 against Gabi, and got dominated how many times? How is she not a B-level grappler, when she openly admits her boyfriend, A minus level grappler Augusto Mendes mauls her ass? How can you be an A-level grappler, when there're guys your weight class that would destroy you?

Did I say she's not a world champ? Did I say she won't beat Rousey? She is what, 1-4 against Gabi, and got dominated how many times? How is she not a B-level grappler, when she openly admits her boyfriend, A minus level grappler Augusto Mendes mauls her ass? How can you be an A-level grappler, when there're guys your weight class that would destroy you?

Must be a troll. You know Mackenzie was the first to best Gabi gacrcia in 3+ years. Gabi had not been beaten. Gabi was 100 lbs heavier than Mackenzie as well.

Mackenzie would submit Honda period. In mma Honda would probably win because she is much bigger, and throwing punches change thing's lol. Oh and tanquinho is a world champ in bjj as well.

That's normal though. People tend to start sounding like the people around them and pick up accents and affectations. That's why white kids who hang out with black kids sound like all gangsta and shit (no racism).

brazilians arent anglophones

She is my teammate ! She would submit her in a grappling match for sure. As for mma, she would probably be to small and inexperienced.

How could she lose to Rousey if not by grappling? Rousey's grappling is orders of magnitude better than her striking, if they didn't have to worry about being thrown and submitted almost any woman she's faced would beat her striking. She's like GSP in that - effective striking to the extent that opponents have to worry about the takedown. If she can negate Rousey's takedowns (Rousey's bottom game isn't very good), and beat her on the ground (ie out grapple her), she's got an easy win.

And generally size is less of an issue in striking than in grappling (which is why boxers go up in weight much, much more frequently than wrestlers or judoka, who almost never go up in weight, even if they've won two or three Olympic gold at a weight). If she's not too small to beat Rousey grappling, she'll have no size problem with MMA.

Personally I think Kayla Harrison (Olympic gold medalist in judo at 78 kg) would beat Rousey in MMA for the same reason, though she'd probably be unable to make 135 or perhaps not even 145.

The girl in the video you posted made no effort to pull guard, she tried to out-wrestle Ronda. No one high level will attempt that. All her opponent has to do is sit down.

Here is Paulo Miayo pulling guard against Judo Olympian Travis Stevens. As it turns out, it is that easy.

[YT]vNTFoSoCQd0[/YT]

Paulo still win that match and Travis is 40-50 lbs heavier than Paulo.

you do know there were 3 women who beat Ronda in Judo in the Olympic, right?

Not every elite grappler has a desire to make a transition to MMA.

She's not punchdrunk, that's her psuedo Brazilian accent coming across. Her dad, stepmom and boyfriend are all Brazilians, and even though she was born and raised in Phoenix, she seems to be laying that accent on pretty thick lately, especially when being interviewed by Brazilians.

i suppose its marketing, lister does the same

you do know there were 3 women who beat Ronda in Judo in the Olympic, right?

Not every elite grappler has a desire to make a transition to MMA.

True enough; Ueno for instance (the woman who won Olympic gold in Rousey's division - twice actually, and a couple of world championships) was better than Rousey both on her feet and on the ground (they fought).

I wonder though how long it'll be until some elite judo or BJJ woman decides to give it a try, given the money involved. Probably not from Japan or Europe, their Olympic medal winners do very well financially. Maybe Brazil ...

Back