How would prime (2006-08) Anderson Silva fare against the current MW top 5?

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Whittaker: TKO’d by wonderboy, I believe Silva would snipe him. He has a good chin though so TKO/KO win for Silva inside 3 rounds.

Adensanya: Izzy was too shook to commit to power strikes vs a 44 year old Silva, that’s all you need to know about a fight with prime Silva. Silva TKO/KO win inside 2 rounds. Maybe Izzy could evade the knockout but would lose a decision easily

Costa: possibly the toughest mat hip due to his elite chin and ferocity. A bit too reckless though, Silva makes him miss too much and he gassed out. TKO/KO win inside 3 rounds.

Romero: Silva TKO/KO’s him After he gasses from panic wrestling. Or Silva wins a clear decision out pointing him.

Gastelum: too short, wouldn’t even touch Silva. He might be able to land some takedowns but would ultimately get triangle’d after gassing, or TKO’d On the feet. If Izzy can drop kelvin multiple times prime Silva definitely finishes him.

Let’s see some fight analysis from you guys. How would prime Silva (06-08) fare against the current top 5?

Last edited:
Costa and Whittaker beat the shit out of him all day.
I agree that those two would be the toughest matchups and they could definitely pull it off, but Silva beats them more often than not imo

He would whup some butt :cool:

anderson would lose to all.

anderson was never on their level.

lets not forget anderson was so shook and went out of his way to find what ever fake steroids he could find to avoid catching kelvins hands.

and damn, lol. andersons prime gets shorter and shorter ts.

He would get destroyed by:

Whittaker
Romero
Costa
Gastelum

And he already lost to Adesanya.

Anderson is quiet fortunate to rule a division where one dimensional guys like Sonnen, Maia, Leites etc were top fighters

Whittaker: TKO’d by wonderboy, I believe Silva would snipe him. He has a good chin though so TKO/KO win for Silva inside 3 rounds.

Adensanya: Izzy was too shook to commit to power strikes vs a 44 year old Silva, that’s all you need to know about a fight with prime Silva. Silva TKO/KO win inside 2 rounds. Maybe Izzy could evade the knockout but wou

Costa: possibly the toughest mat hip due to his elite chin and ferocity. A bit too reckless though, Silva makes him miss too much and he gassed out. TKO/KO win inside 3 rounds.

Romero: Silva TKO/KO’s him After he gasses from panic wrestling. Or Silva wins a clear decision out pointing him.

Gastelum: too short, wouldn’t even touch Silva. He might be able to land some takedowns but would ultimately get triangle’d after gassing, or TKO’d On the feet. If Izzy can drop kelvin multiple times prime Silva definitely finishes him.

Let’s see some fight analysis from you guys. How would prime Silva (06-08) fare against the current top 5?

He'd knock em all out, DANGER

Beat em all

anderson would lose to all.

anderson was never on their level.

lets not forget anderson was so shook and went out of his way to find what ever fake steroids he could find to avoid catching kelvins hands.

He would get destroyed by:

Whittaker
Romero
Costa
Gastelum

And he already lost to Adesanya.

Anderson is quiet fortunate to rule a division where one dimensional guys like Sonnen, Maia, Leites etc were top fighters

{<jordan}<36>

What a surprise coming from two greaseSP dickriders

Adensanya: Izzy was too shook to commit to power strikes vs a 44 year old Silva, that’s all you need to know about a fight with prime Silva. Silva TKO/KO win inside 2 rounds. Maybe Izzy could evade the knockout but wou

Whittaker smashes him. Use his loss against wonderboy, lol he’s not that same fighter. He smokes wonderboy in a fight today.

{<jordan}<36>

What a surprise coming from two greaseSP dickriders
no grease here buds.

giphy.gif

<{silvanormal}>

and damn, lol. andersons prime gets shorter and shorter ts.

People like him need to accept Chris took the prime out of him. He hasn’t been the same since

I wonder how old the people are that are saying Whittaker and Costa would beat Silva. Prime Silva was by far more technical than any of the current top 5 and when he was the champ he was so much stronger mentally than any of those guys currently are. I think he would finish all of the top 5 except Adesanya. I think prime Silva would do to Adesanya, what he did to old Silva and win a UD.

Romero is the toughest matchup for him by far. I don't see Silva having much trouble with Robert, Costa, etc. But a prime Silva vs. Adesanya, that's a fun fight.

I think costa and romero would be a real problem

Back