how would peak wanderlei silva do in today's ufc

Wanderlei shined in Pride's MW division where he mostly could swarm smaller opponents and overwhelm them with blunt aggression. Today's standard of LHW fighter is a lot bigger and more sound in boxing-striking fundamentals. Wanderlei always had a propensity to get counter struck because of his aggression; it happened with Belfort, Mezger, Sakuraba, Hunt, Rampage... Even when he won, he often got dropped, hurt, and had to find his way back. That´s not a sustainable strategy if you're facing bigger guys who know how to throw a punch.

So while he could have often succeeded with that approach, I think it is too risky and wild to be consistently successful against bigger and sound fighters who have reach advantage. He also always had a so-so takedown defense, and today wrestling has become even more prescient across divisions.

Wanderlei was just too wild and risky a fighter. I can't imagine him against someone like Ankalaev, who is enormous.

Can somebody tell me why TS has Wandy fighting at 185 when he was 205 in PRIDE?

If we're hypothetically getting Wandy from PRIDE juiced to the tits he certainly wouldn't be fighting at 185.

Ain't no shame in losing to Vitor. Those are two great fighters. Somebody had to win. Both were super young too.

Wand only got better after his losses to Vitor and Tito. You can see the improvement in his game between 2000 and 2006.

Wanderlei had a much better career than Vitor when all was said and done. Vitor is amazing too and has a lot of great wins but so does Wand. Wand was world champion and even won the 2003 MWGP to become undisputed Champ Champ. When he rematched and beat Rampage again a year later there was no debate.
I wouldn't say Wand's career was "much" better, maybe bettter. Vitor's slump during his prime years (after his sister's kidnap/murder) definitely hurt him, I agree. His career had a stronger start and finish than Wand, though. He also has some great wins, all by finish:
  • Wand
  • Rich Franklin
  • Rumble
  • Prime Rockhold
  • Hendo
He was also the UFC 12 tournament winner and UFC LHW champ (granted that was a pretty flukey win over Couture so I didn't mention it).

Prime Wand and Belfort could still be champion and wreck most of the top 10. Of the current era I only think Adesanya and prime Whittaker beat them.
I could see Vitor catching Whittaker. When you look at his highlights he's faster nd more ferocious than anyone today. Most fighters from that era look worse than today's guys

Can somebody tell me why TS has Wandy fighting at 185 when he was 205 in PRIDE?

If we're hypothetically getting Wandy from PRIDE juiced to the tits he certainly wouldn't be fighting at 185.

because he would be too small at lhw, if alex pereira and paulo costa can make 185 so can roided wandy

people back then don't cut extreme weight like they do today

You think a USADA-friendly Wand would beat Poatan and Jiri? Remember, he built a lot of his reputation roided to the gills and fighting 170 pound non-juiced Japanese fighters.
Wand beat Rampage, Hendo, Arona, Fujita. Arguably beat Cro Cop and Mark Hunt too.

Wand was one of the most fearless fighters ever. He would fight anyone.

He would take down Poatan and molest him on the ground. He would probably KO Jiri or take Jiri down and destroy him on the ground.

is pereira a better kickboxer than prime cro cop?

Wand beat Rampage, Hendo, Arona, Fujita. Arguably beat Cro Cop and Mark Hunt too.

Wand was one of the most fearless fighters ever. He would fight anyone.

He would take down Poatan and molest him on the ground. He would probably KO Jiri or take Jiri down and destroy him on the ground.
I don't know...Wand very rarely took anyone down and seemed to always prefer standing. Jan is a better wrestler than Wand and he wasn't able to win with that gameplan.

I don't know...Wand very rarely took anyone down and seemed to always prefer standing. Jan is a better wrestler than Wand and he wasn't able to win with that gameplan.
He usually didn't but he did take Mirko down and Hunt down. He knew those guys were world class strikers and were bigger than him. I would think Wand would take Alex down too. Alex has had a lot of good training with Glover and I believe he is pretty competent now but I think Wand has a better chance of finishing Alex on the ground than he did with Hunt (who was like 300 pounds and not even 30 years old when they fought)

because he would be too small at lhw, if alex pereira and paulo costa can make 185 so can roided wandy

people back then don't cut extreme weight like they do today

If Wandy cut 20lbs wtf is the point of saying PRIDE Wandy?
He's no longer PRIDE Wandy if he's cutting 20lbs.

For this to be a fair question, we have to assume Wand under USADA or that every current UFC MW and LHW can enjoy unrestriced roiding like guys did in Pride. (Roid-raging Jiri would be something.) Remember, Wand refused a drug test before leaving the UFC. Here's an early Wand fight when it was roider vs. roider.
Nice random selection. I am sure if someone asked how good Jose Aldo Jr was in his prime you would also select his fight with Conor.

Nice random selection. I am sure if someone asked how good Jose Aldo Jr was in his prime you would also select his fight with Conor.
Nice way to dodge my larger point. Your name gives away your bias.

Nice way to dodge my larger point. Your name gives away your bias.
My bias ? Your post made Vitor look like the goat and Wandy a can. I am sure you know that isn’t the case. If you showed Wandy kneeing Rampage into oblivion that would have been Wandy’s prime.

Back