how would peak wanderlei silva do in today's ufc

AdamWarlock

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The game has passed him by, but I would enjoy watching. Top 5 current guys are too good for him, roided or not. I'd say Wand vs Gastelum would be competitive enough.

Champ

Sean doesn't have the power to keep him off, that's a nightmare fight.

Izzy doesn't have the takedowns or inside fighting to stop him before he gets clocked and starts losing rounds.

Dricus might have the best shot, what he lacks in punching power he makes up for in good top control and strength.

Probably champ with 1-3 defenses before Dricus gets him or Khamzat does, because of UFC ruleset maybe Allen would have a decent chance. I could see Vettori winning a close decision but he was getting smacked by Jared so idk.

People forget how durable Wanderlei was, with modern tech and recovery and no crazy fighting schedule he'd be a menace. Could he make 185lbs roided? idk but if Dana is letting him cheat might as well let him pull a DC on the scale.

Last edited:
Well if he’s allowed to roid I don’t think he’d do well at Middleweight as he would be cutting at least 35lbs to make weight. At Light Heavy he’d be a wrecking ball and likely be a top contender if not champ as long as we’re not bringing back prime Jones, DC, and AJ too.

Well if he’s allowed to roid I don’t think he’d do well at Middleweight as he would be cutting at least 35lbs to make weight. At Light Heavy he’d be a wrecking ball and likely be a top contender if not champ as long as we’re not bringing back prime Jones, DC, and AJ too.

idk man, jiri poatan and jan are all pretty tough opponents

I am a huge fan of the Axe Murderer but the Pride rules were different and there was no cage. The cage favors wrestlers and Wandy had a fear of grapplers taking him down. At 5’11” is also way too small for today’s LH . Again, I love the man but he would not do well but if Pride re-opened…..maybe.

Champ

Sean doesn't have the power to keep him off, that's a nightmare fight.

Izzy doesn't have the takedowns or inside fighting to stop him before he gets clocked and starts losing rounds.

Dricus might have the best shot, what he lacks in punching power he makes up for in good top control and strength.

Probably champ with 1-3 defenses before Dricus gets him or Khamzat does, because of UFC ruleset maybe Allen would have a decent chance. I could see Vettori winning a close decision but he was getting smacked by Jared so idk.

People forget how durable Wanderlei was, with modern tech and recovery and no crazy fighting schedule he'd be a menace.
One of the most absurd thing in MMA at the moment is how overrated DDP is.

If he's allowed to roid? He'd probably be in the top 2.

He might be vulnerable to really good wrestlers but the division doesn't have many of those. I think he could definitely beat Izzy.

I don't think prime Wanderlei would fight at MW(185) he was never very good at cutting weight.

For this to be a fair question, we have to assume Wand under USADA or that every current UFC MW and LHW can enjoy unrestriced roiding like guys did in Pride. (Roid-raging Jiri would be something.) Remember, Wand refused a drug test before leaving the UFC. Here's an early Wand fight when it was roider vs. roider.

Back