How would Pat Healy fair against the top 10?

imo fighters with better wrestling would expose healy he seems to use a takedown and top game heavy strategy anyone who could do this better has this fight.

Dunham, Grant, Means, Masvidal, Gomi, Akoi, Varner.....nah. He might beat Volkmann.

volkmann imo would take him down use dominant top control to cruise to a unanimous decision.

volkmann in my opinion would take him down use dominant top control to cruise to a unanimous decision.
Pretty much. Volkman is one of the better at accomplishing what you just said.

Thats the reason I said might be able to...I would put money on Christmas.
i hate to say it but me too i dont enjoy it but he gets the job done. i dont see pat sticking around long in the ufc.

Pat Healy is underrated. He's damn good.

He's like Jim Miller or Chris Lytle. good against lower level guy but is far from elite.

Pat Healy is underrated. He's damn good.

I agree with danger. He is damn good. Pat has spent the majority of his career at welter weight and now that he is at LW I believe he will be tough for anyone in this division to handle. This guy is a seasoned veteran that despite beating some big names has never really established a big name himself. However, now that he is in the UFC hopefully the masses will now get to see what this guy is capable of. He may not be a consistent finisher or very flashy, but I believe his grit and will to win will earn him a long stint in the UFC..Go Bam Bam!

Last edited:
Pat Healy's alright but he's not getting close to beating the top guys in the UFC. Plus, he's got the style and the out-of-cage attitude to rub Zuffa the wrong way a bit. He wont be fighting contenders - they'll have him fight guys like Volkmann/Green, solid lighweight wrestlers who are also not quite top 10.

In other words, he'll be fighting guys he can't smother to a decision. Without that luxury, he becomes a very average fighter.

The UFC isnt going waste great potential fights on him. Overrated IMO. Hate to say it, but Healy has to be the most boring fighter. That and his attitude, he wont be in the UFC for long. You'd have to pay me to watch Healy fight, dude's like a walking sleeping pill!

He wouldn't beat anyone in the top 10 imo. I've never been too impressed with him. I've never watched him fight and said to myself 'Man, this guy needs to be in the UFC'. I think any top 10 in the UFC would beat him handily. I think he would be the Shogun Rua of the Lightweights. A good gatekeeper.

Never understood the logic of 'not being fan favorite = always expected to lose', regardless the results. Fitch gets a lot of that lately.

Back