How would Pat Healy fair against the top 10?

ChitownImport

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've watched Pat Healy fight over the last couple years, and he has been on somewhat of a tear. While his opponents skill level is not through the roof, he is on a six fight win streak (nine of his last 10). My question is this: If he fought every top ten lightweight (according to sherdog) once, how many wins would he walk away with?

My guess would be 2...

1. BENSON HENDERSON (18-2)
2. FRANKIE EDGAR (14-3-1)
3. GILBERT MELENDEZ (21-2)
4. GRAY MAYNARD (11-1-1, 1 NC)
5. NATE DIAZ (16-8)
6. JIM MILLER (22-4)
7. CLAY GUIDA (29-13)
8. ANTHONY PETTIS (15-2)
9. DONALD CERRONE (19-4, 1 NC)
10. MICHAEL CHANDLER (10-0)

He could top control Pettis, since Guida did it.

He's scrappy and could probably give anyone a good fight.

He would give tough fights, but I don't think he would win too much of those match-ups.

He's great fighter, but soundly below absolute top IMO.

He's not likely to get any really
But then again it wasn't likely for him to beat Ford twice (controversially albeit), Condit, Daley, Hardy and go 5-1 in Strikeforce. So really, who knows

TL/DR
Not likely, but he's has some pretty unexpected wins against some pretty big name opponents

He's basically a lesser version of Miller. He's a great fighter that relies a little too much on grit to get the job done. His striking is okay, but best used to drag the fight to the ground where he can work strikes and submissions.

I see you are a Clay Guida fan...also if someone gave me a thousand dollars and said "The only thing you can do with this 1000 dollars is bet it against someone in that top 10 list and they are fighting Pat Healy" I would say "Put a 1000 on Healy to beat Pettis." but be expecting to never see that money again.

I've watched Pat Healy fight over the last couple years, and he has been on somewhat of a tear. While his opponents skill level is not through the roof, he is on a six fight win streak (nine of his last 10). My question is this: If he fought every top ten lightweight (according to sherdog) once, how many wins would he walk away with?

My guess would be 2...

1. BENSON HENDERSON (18-2)
2. FRANKIE EDGAR (14-3-1)
3. GILBERT MELENDEZ (21-2)
4. GRAY MAYNARD (11-1-1, 1 NC)
5. NATE DIAZ (16-8)
6. JIM MILLER (22-4)
7. CLAY GUIDA (29-13)
8. ANTHONY PETTIS (15-2)
9. DONALD CERRONE (19-4, 1 NC)
10. MICHAEL CHANDLER (10-0)

He would lose and lose horribly to everyone on that list