How would Frank Edgar do as a boxer?

You work out?

I+work+out+.+he+kept+on+saying+I+work+out_b95376_3222837.jpg

no i dont, i just like to say others dont....

but in seriousness, yes i do. or did and will again after i recover.

do you train though

no i dont, i just like to say others dont....

but in seriousness, yes i do. or did and will again after i recover.

do you train though

Recover from what man? Wish you a speedy recovery.

Haven't done any combat sports training for about 3 years but I play team sports.

I did a gsp fitness DVD once this year , does that count :)

I'd say he would become the new Clinton Woods if he made the switch.

Since Edgar is a MMArtist, not a boxer, probably never wins a championship.

But in a real fight, Edgar has more tools at his disposal to dispatch any boxer, maybe even anacondas or gogo's a klitschco

But in a real fight, Edgar has more tools at his disposal to dispatch any boxer, maybe even anacondas or gogo's a klitschco

How's his eye gouge defence?

He moves fast, knows how to feint and properly utilize his jab in an mma sense. I think he's extremely gifted athletically so I think with proper training, he'd do well.

lmao.. probably a record like 7-5 if he fought average boxers

I still love this "real fight" talk.

Do we have an over/under on when people will finally accept even bringing up the topic demonstrates they're essentially functionally retarded?

wow after all the "experts" opinions someone who doesnt want to just bash an mma fight on an mma website. and give an honest opinion. and a good one.

even though i dont agree with you. i think if he went into boxing right now. hes too old and wouldnt get past the top 50 or close really.
he'll be competing against guys who have stayed in one combat sport most or all their lives. edgar was a wreslting... then an mma champ... to go onto his 3rd combat sports would be too much. but again you never know. he could spend the next 4 years hardcore boxing with a great trainer, he could get past top 50.

btw im not even sure how old he is. lol

apart from age, why would a normal athletic guy be better than an already proven great athlete like edgar. boxers are just normal guys before they become boxers. hes a dedicated guy. a champion in 2 combat sports.

most the guys in this thread have probably never even competed in boxing or mma, or even trained.

sorry for the grammar again
Ah, I retread the OP again and I missed the exact question in joy answer. I was answering about a young Edgar deciding to be a boxer instead of an MMA fighter, not Edgar making a run in 2013. He would be too old and too famous to get the early experience needed to progress in the way I laid out. He could still beat plenty of guys, but probably none of the ones who he could match his UFC paychecks. Still, he has the kind of movement, cardio and chin to have a good chance of making it to the final bell against anyone.

I still love this "real fight" talk.

Do we have an over/under on when people will finally accept even bringing up the topic demonstrates they're essentially functionally retarded?

Seriously. Come to round my way and try and single leg somebody. Every body who would bother scrapping carries a 5 inch blade they can whip out and stick in your neck before you can pass guard. 'Real fighting' (or even better 'combat') is not something to take so lightly. Boxing, mma, ect are sports. Athletic competitions made popular from their spectator entertainment value. They should not be viewed as anything more serious or effectual.

Seriously. Come to round my way and try and single leg somebody. Every body who would bother scrapping carries a 5 inch blade they can whip out and stick in your neck before you can pass guard. 'Real fighting' (or even better 'combat') is not something to take so lightly. Boxing, mma, ect are sports. Athletic competitions made popular from their spectator entertainment value. They should not be viewed as anything more serious or effectual.

I sonewhat agree. If you get in a streetfight in a suburb and have a good amount of combat training I would feel more confident that i have a fair advantage. Im not going to try to double leg someone in deep east oakland

For real...

Real fights = real guns, real knives, real bottles, real motherf------- ready to stomp your bitch ass out from behind if you take somebody down.

Isn't JWW a little bit low? WW is like FW in MMA so he would most likely fight in that division. He could have been decent if he started boxing as a kid but no he wouldn't archive anything extraordinary

Back