How would Carlos Condit vs Wonderboy have played out?

For sure. Someone else replied to me that WB wouldn't wanna go to the ground with Condit because of his submission threat...I don't agree at all, but whatever.

Condit off his back spams subs and throws a ton of punches/elbows. He also hit slick reversals on a whole bunch of elite grapplers, including GSP.

It's not that I think Wonderboy would get subbed, it's that I think Wonderboy's top game is too underdeveloped to deal with Condit and that he would be asking for a lot of trouble that isn't his forte.

Condit off his back spams subs and throws a ton of punches/elbows. He also hit slick reversals on a whole bunch of elite grapplers, including GSP.

It's not that I think Wonderboy would get subbed, it's that I think Wonderboy's top game is too underdeveloped to deal with Condit and that he would be asking for a lot of trouble that isn't his forte.
Now THAT, I agree with. Condit does damage off his back for sure.

How would Wonderboy have done against Condit around, say, 2015?

I think this is one of the best matchups that never happened. Two rangy strikers but with different styles, Carlos pressured and tried to inflict as much pain as possible while Wonderboy was slicker and avoided taking damage while still pulling off the win.
That would be a war and a great fight.

People are saying Wonderboy by far but I think it would be a lot closer than people think. Sure Condit didn't have great td Defense but he had a very good chin and he is a very high volume striker. The guy took bombs from prime Hendricks, Woodley, Lawler etc. If Wonderboy takes Condit down I think that's how he would be able to win. If he doesn't than I think it could go either way if Condit pressures him and throws a higher volume of strikes.

I don't think I ever saw Condit successfully defend a takedown in his entire career.

Maybe not, but he also did this to GSP:

He's a good grappler, he just has zero sprawl game.

Back