How would Cain vs Nelson go?

UFC 2012**

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I would like to see this fight and we could see it in 2013 if Nelson wins his next fight, Nelson has really good take down defence and is really good on the ground, he has the heaviest punches in UFC in any weight class in my opinion. Cain vs Nelson would be super fun!!. How would Cain vs Nelson go?.. do you think this fight will happen?

Nelson by ko is how it would go yo

Well, you can't deny Nelson a shot if he wins in his next outing. If this fight does happen, I'm guessing it would go down like Dos Santos Vs. Velasquez II. Velasquez is giving everyone all kinds of trouble in the Heavy Weight division.

What happened TS? You don't have Dos Santos as one of your favorite fighters in your sig anymore.

yeah agreed, i was thinking the same, this could be one of the most difficult fights for Cain.

did your avatar just change from jds to a twix bar before my eyes

Cain via TKO 2nd or 3rd round.

Just because Nelson has KO power doesn't mean Cain will allow him to land that right hand. Nelson couldnt KO Mir, and was infact dominated by him mostly on the ground...So predict it would go the same way against Cain, except he'll be dealing with more vicious GnP.

Cain would control him on the ground, Nelson would gas and get Tko'd in round 3 or 4.

Cain showed his superior cardio against JDS, he gassed but a lot less than junior did. And JDS has better cardio among HWs. The only way to beat Cain is finish him, and it would take a strong striker like Overeem or JDS. Or an all round badass like Cormier, who isn't gona fight him. Right now the top 4 at HW at head and shoulders above the rest of the division.

I'd bet on a Cain finish. Roy's right can land though. Never know.

Nelson might have a chance of landing but really I think his standup is rather overated based on wins over alot of very chinny opponants.

When he faces quality opposition suddenly this awesome KO power vanishes.

Did you see the way Mir rode him? Cain would make that look Minor league. He would also be better in the stand up.

Knocking Cain out is his best shot IMO. Cain has better wrestling, better overall striking, and way better cardio. I would bet that Cain would wear him out and get a TKO in the 4th or 5th.

so i was thinking that Cain cant hurt Roy at all. what do you guys think?

Back