How would Anderson Silva vs Hector Lombard go if it happened?

In their primes, Anderson via decision. Now? Either guy via KO, probably Lombard (if he can reach the chin). I suppose Anderson can still jab/low kick his way to a decision, especially because Hector is 2 ft shorter, but I think it ends with a KO.

giphy.gif

Someone would get KOed, i'm not sure who, I don't think Anderson has Dan's recovery and he got rocked a bunch before landing that back elbow in that scramble against Lombard(Dan has finished Lombard, Fedor and Shogun in scrambles, dude lands bombs from strange angles).

Stann would have fucked him up bad. He was one of the biggest MW on the roster. Now that he doesn't cut weight he's Stipe Miocic's size.

You think Stann would have beaten Lombard at MW? I think Stann would have gotten KOed. He doesn't have Henderson's chin or ability to land huge bombs in scrambles.

That's actually a fight I'd like to see at this point. I think Anderson probably wins but I also think people overestimate him at this point in his career. The amount of people calling for him to fight Rockhold in his current state was ridiculous.
Why was it ridiculous? He just KO'ed Bisping who in turn KO'ed Rockhold

Anderson would probably take it but Lombard would bee in the fight. Anderson would keep him at range and decision him easily I think.

Someone would get KOed, i'm not sure who, I don't think Anderson has Dan's recovery and he got rocked a bunch before landing that back elbow in that scramble against Lombard(Dan has finished Lombard, Fedor and Shogun in scrambles, dude lands bombs from strange angles).
Why are you questioning Silvas recovery? There's still only two men that's hurt Silva and one of them was an extremely insignificant knockdown.

Fucking Neil Magny put a beating on Lombard.. He lands great bombs but he isn't landing them on the spider. Silva WILL murder him, absolutely.

Why are you questioning Silvas recovery? There's still only two men that's hurt Silva and one of them was an extremely insignificant knockdown.

Fucking Neil Magny put a beating on Lombard.. He lands great bombs but he isn't landing them on the spider. Silva WILL murder him, absolutely.

Because he was never known for having amazing recovery and Henderson is. The only reason Hendo won was due to his ability to recover when rocked, something that Anderson hasn't really shown a lot throughout his career like Henderson has.

Fucking Neil Magny beat Lombard due to Lombard giving up top control and having great cardio and fighting at a very high pace at WW where Lombard's cardio is poor. Neil Magny is nothing like Anderson, they fight completely different.

Lombard wouldn't fight Anderson at WW so bringing up the Magny fight doesn't make any sense.

I think Silva can avoid for a round or so before finding Hector's chin.

Lombard would be Anderson's future highlight reel.

Back