How would Alex do against old LHW division? Rumble, Gus, DC, Jones?

Lol the Alex cockgobbling hype train is wild.

He's on top in the WEAKEST men's division in the UFC by far.

Who has a he beat? Jahamal Hill is SCRUB I don't give a fuck what you say. He beat a 50 year old glover in a wasteland division.

Jiri is an exciting highlight reel fighter with questionable fundamentals and ZERO defense.

Rountree was on a streak but against scrubs like Robertson and Smith.

Alex does not have an elite resume, he's a slightly sltiffer but more technically sound Junior Dos Santos.

ANY contender from the golden or silver age of UFC LHW (including Gus) would murder him.
LOL

I think he KOs Gus and Rumble (RIP) but could potentially get crotch sniffed against DC and Jon. Alex could still catch and KO them at any point of the fight.
Gav imagen getting to see those matchups! Gus by far the best stylistic mayhip for poatan. But, Gus footwork could give some problems and Gus did have very effective mma-wrestling. Too hittable though.

Jones takes him, DC wrestlefucks him unless he gets koed. Rumble - poatan easily outstrikes him but if rumble doesn't crumble he could def send poatan to the shadow realm.

With all that said, its also possible that we would find out all three are levels above him

He would have troubles with a younger Jan back then, let alone the top dudes.

He wouldnt have been top 5 at LHW 10 years ago. Jon and DC wipe the floor with him. Rumble and Gus are harder to call because they liked to strike, but as overall MMA fighters they were better than him, and at least one of them would beat him. Then with Davis, Glover, Bader, Corey Anderson, younger Jan, lil Nog, Hendo, Rashad, Chael etc around hes going to pick up several more losses too. Its was a far, far better division back then.

On what basis are all you mongs so confident Poatan beats prime Gus?

They have one common opponent - who outwrestled Poatan and yet got thoroughly outwrestled by Gus. Gus has also taken down Jones and Cormier and yet you think he'd struggle taking down Poatan?

Gus also beat the shit out of Poatan's grappling-centric coach, even managing to outwrestle him in the brief grappling exchanges of a fight that was mostly just Gus destroying him on the feet.

The only available evidence is that Gus would be a big favorite in that fight. We haven't seen anything from Poatan that suggests he could handle Gus' MMA wrestling.

Almost surely beats Gus

Probably beats Rumble

Has a chance to beat Jones and DC, but IMO likely loses. There's just no amount of training that will help him to deal with that level of grappling in 4 years
I agree with this. DC specifically seems like a horrible matchup but at the same time, DC kind of had problems with kicks at times and body shots. Alex has great kicks and a nice jab to the body. But DC has the speed and explosiveness to I think generally be able to get close enough to Alex at least early enough to have a ton of momentum throughout the fight if not get a submission. Jones grappling style I think maybe would be a bit easier for Alex to deal with and Jones also likes to fight at range a lot which would play into Alex's style.

Jones beats him, no problem. He's got too many weapons for Pereira. DC's wrestling would take him down and punish him. I would like to have seen primetime Chuck Liddell and Alex fight. I'd pick Pereira to win by KO, but Chuck could just as easily KO Alex too.

Lol the Alex cockgobbling hype train is wild.

He's on top in the WEAKEST men's division in the UFC by far.

Who has a he beat? Jahamal Hill is SCRUB I don't give a fuck what you say. He beat a 50 year old glover in a wasteland division.

Jiri is an exciting highlight reel fighter with questionable fundamentals and ZERO defense.

Rountree was on a streak but against scrubs like Robertson and Smith.

Alex does not have an elite resume, he's a slightly sltiffer but more technically sound Junior Dos Santos.

ANY contender from the golden or silver age of UFC LHW (including Gus) would murder him.

sherdoggers have crazy recency bias, they saw alex struggling with KHALIL ROUNDTREE but think gustafsson couldnt be competitive with him standing

We haven't seen his grappling tested in a while but dude trains with Glover and is a 230lbs LHW.

He murders Gus and makes Rumble crumble.

If Jones and DC don't get the TD they are fooked.
if izzy and jan can get a takedown

why cant the best of the best get one

i think he beats gus and rumble, but they are like 60/40 fights in favor of Alex. DC and Jones beat Alex 90/10.

if izzy and jan can get a takedown

why cant the best of the best get one
what version?

Because there was one version of Jon Jones who could not take Thiago Santos down, let alone come close to finish him.... Santos was grapplefucked and knocked out cold by Mousasi.

Back