Media How would Aaron Pico do in the ufc?

Very good just like a lot of Bellator fighters would do. Timur Khizriev and Khasan Magomedsharipov would do really good at FW too in the UFC

Ranked somewhere in the top 15. He's got a ton of competition miles on him, has been knocked out and entering a buzz saw of a division against guys who can snipe him.

Anyone with a good sprawl 'n brawl would give him fits.

Pico ruined himself early on. I think he'd do pretty damn good but that chin would catch up to him before he could become champ.
Pico is cursed, he has everything needed to be great but that damn chin.

I honestly thought someone necrobumped a thread from 2014 lol

Better than Chandler.

Probably not good he already got knocked out multiple times against no names in bellator and I’ll admit I don’t watch bellator on a regular basis just now and then but I totally forgot that he even existed. I guess chandler got knocked out in bellator before he went to the ufc but he fought better guys and now that I think of it has he won any fights besides his debut against hooker? I think he lost all them since unless I’m forgetting something

Pico was a brand before he ever fought, and was smart enough to know he'd make more money OUTSIDE of the UFC than in it. career wise Im not sure it would have worked out much different for him because of his fight IQ.

Probably not good he already got knocked out multiple times against no names in bellator and I’ll admit I don’t watch bellator on a regular basis just now and then but I totally forgot that he even existed. I guess chandler got knocked out in bellator before he went to the ufc but he fought better guys and now that I think of it has he won any fights besides his debut against hooker? I think he lost all them since unless I’m forgetting something
He KTFO Tony too but he came when he was already past prime, I mean Chandler is 37 years old. Eddie was there with Chandler in Bellator too but he got signed earlier and became champ in the UFC

Chandler got smashed by FW Patricio in 1 minute in Bellator

Pico was a brand before he ever fought, and was smart enough to know he'd make more money OUTSIDE of the UFC than in it. career wise Im not sure it would have worked out much different for him because of his fight IQ.
I don’t know why some of these guys think that they are such a “brand “ as you said I’ve been watching mma for a long time and I only have heard this guys name on here. I mean no disrespect to him when I say that but I would guess that over 98% of mma fans do not follow amateur wrestling at all

He KTFO Tony too but he came when he was already past prime, I mean Chandler is 37 years old. Eddie was there with Chandler in Bellator too but he got signed earlier and became champ in the UFC

Chandler got smashed by FW Patricio in 1 minute in Bellator
You’re right I totally forgot about that Ferguson fight. Even though Tony was totally washed up that was a pretty dope knockout surprised I forgot about it I saw it live

I don’t know why some of these guys think that they are such a “brand “ as you said I’ve been watching mma for a long time and I only have heard this guys name on here. I mean no disrespect to him when I say that but I would guess that over 98% of mma fans do not follow amateur wrestling at all

You're a casual. Pico was one of the most talked about prospects when he was coming up. And it wasnt just because of his wrestling. Period. Doesnt matter if you didnt know or not.

You're a casual. Pico was one of the most talked about prospects when he was coming up. And it wasnt just because of his wrestling. Period. Doesnt matter if you didnt know or not.
I said in my post that I knew who he was because I heard about him on here. I’m just saying most mma fans neither post on here/ follow college wrestling/ or even watch bellator for that matter if we are being serious. So he definitely wasn’t a “brand” right off the bat. Most mma fans had no idea who he was, he didn’t help himself by getting knocked out multiple times in his first few fights. I’m not hating on the guy either I got nothing against him I’m just saying the truth from most fans perspective

The start of Pico’s career didn’t go too well due to poor fight IQ and his glass jaw, but recently it seems like he’s putting it all together with amazing hands, great wrestling and actually mixes it all up.

How does he do at 145 in the UFC? I think he’d be a top 10 guy if he mixes in the wrestling with the striking whenever his glass jaw gets tested

Pico is an insanely talented athlete with great pedigree. He was a decorated amateur boxer and trained under Freddie Roach who wanted him to go pro. He was an elite freestyle wrestler, won the Cadet world championships and in the Olympic Trials he beat D1 national champions as a 18-19 year old. He was supposed to live and train with the Olympic team and prepare for the 2020 team but went into MMA as a teenager instead. That said he's sorta a liability, that chin has been cracked so many times already and you know his confidence Damaged.

How good is Pico? He's a guy who could easily crush some top 10 guys in the UFC but also get caught by guys even outside the top 10. I'd say insanely talented but inconsistent. I'd even go further and say we haven't really seen him go up against another great athlete, his speed, power and physicality really reigns superior whenever he fights someone, what happens when he can't impose that? I'd love to see him vs Timur Khizriev in Bellator/PFL or maybe even Movlid Khaybulaev (who I think is worse than Timur) that can match up in some athletic regards and take the fight to him.

He's only had one loss in like the last 5 years, and it was a shoulder injury. Aside from that blemish, since his early career struggles he's looked pretty fucking good. He's only 27, he's very well rounded, and he's  still getting better. The competition would be stiffer, but he'd have a ton of potential to climb high in the UFC. He was lauded back in the cut for a reason, appears he's realizing that potential.

Mckee and Pico at 155 would easily be top 10 imo in UFC, easily. Not sure why they wasted money on MVP, need to get Nemkov, Amosov, Mckee and Pico, and no one would care less about the rest from PFL/Bellator.

Pico has 1 fight last with Bellator too.

I think you could throw Patchy Mix in there as well would be great for the UFC BW division.

Very good just like a lot of Bellator fighters would do. Timur Khizriev and Khasan Magomedsharipov would do really good at FW too in the UFC

People never talk about Lucas Brennan, but I think he's one of the most exciting prospects in MMA. He's being developed like they should have developed Pico.

People never talk about Lucas Brennan, but I think he's one of the most exciting prospects in MMA. He's being developed like they should have developed Pico.
I was high on him up until I've seen him against Weber. He's not the same level as Timur and Khasan but definitely has potential

I'm high on Norbert Novenyi and Sarvarjon Khamidov. I would pick Norbert against Eblen even now. He has fucking great striking

I was high on him up until I've seen him against Weber. He's not the same level as Timur and Khasan but definitely has potential

I'm high on Norbert Novenyi and Sarvarjon Khamidov. I would pick Norbert against Eblen even now. He has fucking great striking
Yeah, those are two more great prospects. Bellator doesn't get enough respect: their roster was really good, especially since the UFC's keeps declining.

Back