How would a Nick Diaz vs Mousasi fight go at MW?

In case people forget Mousasi was the Strikeforce LHW champion and also has a victory over Mark fucking Hunt. Most of his losses have come to people who outwrestled him.

Diaz isn't even a large WW, he's a small MW. Mousasi's chin and composure alone would probably win the day because he wouldn't be sucked into a wild brawl.

Diaz doesn't fight anymore. If you are a Diaz fan, you shouldn't want to see him fight anyone in the top 10 based on his last few performances. You can tell he's not mentally committed anymore and just wants a pay check.

Perhaps not the best for his health but I would actually quite like to see Nick vs Vitor.

It would look like the end of Gladiator where Diaz would be on deaths door drifting in and out of the afterlife. And instead of running his hands through the fields of wheat it would be marijuana plants and instead of a dead Commudus it would be a celebrating Moose and instead of a crying woman it would be Nate Diaz and instead of demanding to free the slaves he would be asking to free the weed and instead of the other slaves carrying his body away it would be the scrap pack.

17o4s5.jpg

Diaz losing a decision, failing the drug test, and complaining about rabbit punches and the Sean Sherk fight

The last time Diaz won a fight freshman in college were in grade school. Think about that.

Moose would win easily.

Gegard would win this fight by TKO or at the least a pretty clear decision. I personally believe that Gegard is a better striker, better precision and better defense. And the size cant be ignored here, Gegard is a solid weight class bigger, you have one guy who fought at 170/185 vs a guy who fought at 205/185

Mousasi won strikeforce LHW title. He is way bigger than Nick.

Moose would bust out his leg kicks and use that jab for this one and win a decision. His striking defense would be to much for Nick to get through. Size is also in favor of moose

Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight since UFC 137.

So many Sherdoggers tend to forget that.

Mousasi by complete domination.

and let's completely forget who he fought. am i right? we all know gsp, condit, and silva are absolute scrubs. gsp and silva had to win by decision, and many thought he won the other fight. damn, diaz really does suck, i guess.

now to be real: i think it would be a very close fight. i lean towards mousasi for being naturally larger and being competent on the ground. but the thing with mousasi, is that he's so damn lethargic in the stand-up. he fights like he doesn't care, and it would be interesting to see him fight a pressure-fighter like diaz. this is one fight i'd love to see, just for the stylistic-matchup.

Interesting fight but Moose would send him back to welter.

and let's completely forget who he fought. am i right? we all know gsp, condit, and silva are absolute scrubs. gsp and silva had to win by decision, and many thought he won the other fight. damn, diaz really does suck, i guess.

now to be real: i think it would be a very close fight. i lean towards mousasi for being naturally larger and being competent on the ground. but the thing with mousasi, is that he's so damn lethargic in the stand-up. he fights like he doesn't care, and it would be interesting to see him fight a pressure-fighter like diaz. this is one fight i'd love to see, just for the stylistic-matchup.
I love Nick Diaz and he fought great guys, but hasn't won a fight in nearly five years.

C'mon man. You reachin'...

Diaz isn't even a large WW, he's a small MW.

Diaz isn't a MW at all. Just because he was brought in as fodder for a returning, old Silva doesn't mean he should fight MW contenders. He would get dominated. Even Silva, 40 years old, returning from a horrific injury, dominated Diaz (50 - 45).

Hell, he was bullied around the cage by little Georges.

This is a very interesting matchup stylistically. Both diaz and mousasi move similar on their feet. Both of them have one of the best chin in mma and both have slick ground game and elasticity.
Gegard would wreck him

Come on Nick isn't a MW that's not fair. He can't fight over welterweight hes not large enough. Nayt Diaz is actually the bigger guy and would have a better chance at winning. But both of them lose.

I love Nick Diaz and he fought great guys, but hasn't won a fight in nearly five years.

C'mon man. You reachin'...

saying that he hasn't won a fight in five years sounds important to note, but it's not, due to what i said. losing to the greats of the sport means you suck? you can't seriously believe that. you are the one that is reaching, and i'm sorry to say, appear to be biased against diaz for one reason for another.

how someone can not take into account a fighter's opponent makes absolutely no sense.

Mousasis stand up is quite a bit better than nicks. Probably 3 rounds of a frustrated nick not able to pull the trigger.

Back