How would a MacDonald vs. Condit 2 play out?

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how this fight would play out.

After GSP beats Hendricks I have a feeling that he's just gonna retire.

I feel confident in saying that Rory handles Lawler & Condit beats Brown.

I feel like when GSP retires he'll place his hope in Rory to continue what he already started, dominance in the WW division.

Rory MacDonald vs. Carlos Condit is the fight to make for the vacant belt.

Who do you see taking this? Both have made strides for themselves since 3 years ago & both haven't shown any signs of slowing down anytime soon.

Who wins? I'm going with Condit again.

I actually think Condit has shown more improvement of the two since the first fight, which was also close. I'd lean toward Condit

I don't necessarily agree that GSP would retire if he beats Hendricks.

I'd take Rory over Condit if they met again, but GSP still beats both of them.

I'll be picking MacDonald if this fight happens, but it will be ugly.

I'd love for this to happen..

Rory UD he almost took it before and I believe he'd do it given the rematch

I'd favor Condit especially in a 5 round fight but considering Rory was 7 seconds away from winning a split decision in their first fight, it's hard to count him out especially since he's improved leaps and bounds since then.

I just hope it's 5 rounds.

Main eventer for a FS1 card.

I'd favor Rory. His takedown defense is superior, and he now carries himself really well in the middle of the ring, using his distance well. I think he would be less reckless, out-grinding Condit in the pocket.

Last edited:
I'd favor Condit especially in a 5 round fight but considering Rory was 7 seconds away from winning a split decision in their first fight, it's hard to count him out especially since he's improved leaps and bounds since then.

You're predicting 2 judges favor Rory & 1 for Condit?
That's........cool.

rory_zpsbb8d4e9f.jpg

Condit by epic ass kicking, especially over a 5 rounder.

My prediction for this fight: Pain!

But seriously, Rory would take it this time.

Condit would win by submission or tko in the fourth or fifth.

Condit still has zero tdd and weak striking defense, but his cardio and ability to take a punch are unrivaled at WW and I question Rory's cardio and chin.

The revenge factor would go to Rory. He's bigger and more well rounded now too. Still, time after time Carlos proves he's no easy out.

3 rounds- Rory via wrestlefuck as Condit has not improved his TDD
(stuffing NCAA Kampmann doesn't show us anything)

5 rounds- Condit cause Rory might gas out (who knows maybe he's improved his conditioning greatly and a jabfest against Ellenberger didn't showcase it)

Wow, wow....nobody said he would retire after Big Rig.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I would LOVE to see Rory vs. Mac. Great number one contender fight! Make it happen.

Back