How would a MacDonald vs. Condit 2 play out?

3 rounds i'd lean towards rory, five rounds i'd lean towards condit.
rory was 10 seconds away from winning the first fight.

Why does everyone say Rory would have won the fight if it wasn't for the stoppage? The first 2 rounds were close and Condit clearly would have won the last round 10-8. Best result for Rory is a draw.

Condit, guy is still a beast and really does keep impressing with every fight.

Condit has improved more in my opinion. I think Rory might win a round but Condit would pull away the longer the fight went on.

if its a 3 rounder its a cakewalk for rory. if its a 5 rounder the championship rounds will be interesting

rory has better striking and wrestling. condit has a better chin and cardio

do people still not realize that condit has won the first round twice in his last 9 fights? he also hasnt won the first round in his last 4 fights

you might be thinking hes setting the world on fire but he just lost a round and a half to kampmann. condit has amazing cardio and chin. hes a top 5 ww no doubt but rory is just way better in the early rounds. condit needs to try and gas him, thats his most realistic chance in this fight

id also take lawler over condit in a 3 rounder

I'm surprised to see people still thinking that rory would have won vs condit had he not been stopped....

Read this thread.... Its kind of blatant who was in control of the entire fight
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2...dit-vs-macdonald-ground-game-edition-2253777/

condit needed a two point 3rd round or a stoppage. fact

thats how mma is scored and thats how the judges had scored the fight. you might think condit was doing great but everyone knew he had his back against the wall in the 3rd round

Rory wins ... and would make it look easy imo. Rory was winning the first fight as a 20 year old but was overly excited and got sloppy. Props to Condit, but Rory is more well rounded and will display greater will than Carlos in the rematch.

Rory'd turn it into a boring, grinding fight and would take the UD with control.

3 rounds i'd lean towards rory, five rounds i'd lean towards condit.
rory was 10 seconds away from winning the first fight.

10 seconds + intelligent defense away from winning.. you missed that part of it, you lose no matter how long is left if you can't defend yourself. He got beat by the better fighter that found a way to win when things weren't going his way and he'll lose again to the same guy in the same way but quicker.

Put the house on it

condit needed a two point 3rd round or a stoppage. fact

thats how mma is scored and thats how the judges had scored the fight. you might think condit was doing great but everyone knew he had his back against the wall in the 3rd round

Maybe so, but while we're talking facts, Condit did come out in the 3rd and made sure Rory's back was on the canvas.

Where it stayed until the ref pledge Condit off him.

They've both improved, but I think Condit would win again.

Condit has already beat him and should refuse a 2nd fight. Rory was playing the point game in that fight, constantly going for takedowns despite not having the ability to do anything from top position. It almost worked too. Considering Rory is now a point fighter in the standup as well, Condit likely wouldn't get a fight out of him. So, why take the fight?

Back