• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How will you react if the bell rings and Nate taps the mat and walks out

Why Nick? Whats the big difference that you prefer one over the other?
To be honest. I can’t really put a finger on it. Maybe it’s Nate’s fans. I don’t know….to me they are very much the same but very much different in ways.

I could see myself hanging out with Nick. I could not see myself doing the same with Nate. I even tried to like Nate. I just can’t.

To be honest. I can’t really put a finger on it. Maybe it’s Nate’s fans. I don’t know….to me they are very much the same but very much different in ways.

I could see myself hanging out with Nick. I could not see myself doing the same with Nate. I even tried to like Nate. I just can’t.
It seems like the opposite to me,oddly enough. Nate seems laid back and chill and Nick seems nervous and fidgety. Because of that,Nate does alot more press,and doesnt seem to mind all the media obligations that Nick hates,and seems less bothered about being a public figure/Pro fighter than Nick does.

Somebody made this exact same thread like a week ago. It's not going to happen, contract probably doesn't allow it.

Reactions: HHJ
It seems like the opposite to me,oddly enough. Nate seems laid back and chill and Nick seems nervous and fidgety. Because of that,Nate does alot more press,and doesnt seem to mind all the media obligations that Nick hates,and seems less bothered about being a public figure/Pro fighter than Nick does.
Oh no doubt. Like Nick I have really bad anxiety. So I’d be cool with his fidgety demeanor. I’m the same way when I’m outta my element. We’d Just chill, smoke and listen to his crazy war stories.

I see 0% chance of that happening. My reaction would be rather shocked, but I wouldn't blame him. I imagine that he would be open to some legal or civil action as a result of it. UFC would probably argue that he is liable for damages, and argue that it wouldn't count as his final fight of the contract. He would be stuck in the contract until a court ruled on it, or Nate agreed to take another fight.

Would be GOAT shit by khamzat that he would have Nate so afraid of the beatdown that he just taps right away.

Not gonna happen. That's not the Diazs I know.

I doubt he will do that but wouldn't be surprised if the fight gets stopped early due to a cut.

That's a weird point of view.

Nate tossing in the towel immediately would be a (perceived) "Fuck You"
in a promotional sense,
not a "afraid fear of the fight" type of thing.

If anything, it would boost his stock and hype the jake paul fight.
Yeah jake paul,dont fight with me or ill tap the mat too!

omg u guys we have to watch this !

They'd likely have some kind of legal case.

Also betting companies would certainly be coming after him for fight fixing.

They can't force him to fight or continue fighting. He can't bet on himself or organise to throw the fight, but he can quit at anytime once the bell goes with no legal repercussions.

They can't force him to fight or continue fighting. He can't bet on himself or organise to throw the fight, but he can quit at anytime once the bell goes with no legal repercussions.

Pretty sure over here it'd be classed as taking a dive. Not sure about the US.

Pretty sure over here it'd be classed as taking a dive. Not sure about the US.

Only if he is linked to betting on himself or releases information to say he is going to do it.

If he just taps and nothing can be linked, he will just be blacklisted by the UFC.

edit:he isn't that smart though. he will slap Khamzat a few times and then get destroyed for 5 rounds.

I suggested elsewhere he shits on the UFC logo and walks out but that's good too. I couldn't imagine he would want to look cowardly even to stick the finger up at Dana White, but perhaps he could spoil the fight with and immediate and obviously deliberate foul. It is very very unlikely he does well, let alone wins but.... Who wouldn't want to see one more "I'm not surprised motherfucker" for the road?

Only if he is linked to betting on himself or releases information to say he is going to do it.

If he just taps and nothing can be linked, he will just be blacklisted by the UFC.

edit:he isn't that smart though. he will slap Khamzat a few times and then get destroyed for 5 rounds.

I don't think it's about being smart, he's just not that kind of person. Also if he refuses to fight on a PPV that lots of people paid hard earned money for then that's obviously going to be a lot of people who won't be buying his next one.

I've said that I legit hope this happens. To avoid any legal issues, he could just pretend to get a dead leg/roll his ankle/cramp/etc and fall over and tap out. No one can prove otherwise.

There is a 0% chance it happens because knowing Nate, he definitely thinks he can beat Khamzat. It would be the greatest "fuck you" to the UFC/Dana of all time though.

I don't think it's about being smart, he's just not that kind of person. Also if he refuses to fight on a PPV that lots of people paid hard earned money for then that's obviously going to be a lot of people who won't be buying his next one.

I don't disagree with any of that. I don't think he will quit, but it's hilarious that people think they can force someone to fight in a cage if they choose not to. Once that bell goes, Diaz can call it quits at any point. he could tap in the first second or at 24:59. Either way the UFC has them screwed with the contract, but they still have rights once the fight starts.

I thought that as well but he would throw away a lifes work in terms of reputation. He wont do it. Now he might not actually make the fight if this October end of contract date is true

Good luck having any commission ever sanction him fighting again if he does do that.

That's a weird point of view.

Nate tossing in the towel immediately would be a (perceived) "Fuck You"
in a promotional sense,
not a "afraid fear of the fight" type of thing.

If anything, it would boost his stock and hype the jake paul fight.
I consider this point of view to be weird.

Tapping in a professional fight as soon as the fight starts looks like fight fixing. Wouldn't look good on him at all. He'd get shit on by a lot of people, including fighters.

I would want my PPV money back, and would think Diaz is the biggest pussy in UFC history. I doubt he would get paid either, and he would end up fighting Dana in court.

Back