• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How will you react if the bell rings and Nate taps the mat and walks out

<Dany07>

Are you kidding?

This would make his bigger than any fighter in UFC currently.

His stock would skyrocket.

This is promotion, using the biggest promotion in the world.
He will be known as the guy who people shouldnt book and cant be trusted? wonderful

Won't matter. Not sure what you mean.

A single commission will potentially withhold pay for abusive behavior of the promotional event.

Beyond that, he is leaving to box... so nothing would really happen.

No matter what, this is one fighter that could pull this off, and come out on top.
Why would a prize fighter want his pay withheld? also lol @ "potentially"

woke-up-nightmare.gif

You think Jake Paul cares?

You think he is an up and coming fighter?

This is Nate Diaz. He can get booked for signing autographs the past decade.
Yeah thats alot more lucrative then getting fights.

Nuh. Getting “knocked down” and turtling up like Sapp is possible though.

Show me anywhere that is a rule? He will just be cut from the UFC, badmouthed and have a harder time negotiating a contract. The commission can't do anything and UFC still have to pay him. They can't stop him from making a decision in the fight.

They'd likely have some kind of legal case.

Also betting companies would certainly be coming after him for fight fixing.

He has already been getting paid for years..
yeah thats a good enough reason. I wonder if any fighter has ever felt that way ever.

I’d love it as a FU to Dana and the casual masses

I’m cool with him doing that or getting beat so badly, I don’t have to hear about him fighting again. MMA or boxing. Good riddance.

I will tune into Nick whenever he fights.

What makes you think he doesn't get booked?

Riding a bit of a delusion here.

<NoneOfMy>
We all know Nate could find a problem with anything. Who wants to waste their time promoting a guy who has shown that he doesnt care to fight if the mood is on him? In any case he loses out on a big purse,and it will cause him difficulties going forward. That is literally the best case scenario,but itll be worse than that for sure.

Every fighter who tried to leave the UFC.
They tried to leave the UFC because they already made enough money? There is never enough money.

I'm not fully familiar with the US legal system but wouldn't this also class as a felony? I know we've had sportsmen go to jail in the UK for match fixing.

Reactions: HHJ
I'm not fully familiar with the US legal system but wouldn't this also class as a felony? I know we've had sportsmen go to jail in the UK for match fixing.
This wouldnt exactly be match fixing,but since they promoted him,and its in his contract,and he intentionally does not fulfill his end,there's def going to be problems for pulling something like that.

Im Dana for speakin the truth? K.

j/k
in all seriousness, im concerned nathaniel might get crippled in this fight

first time i agree with dumb hardy. i mean dan hardy. unfair fight

I think that would hurt him more than anything else. I do think he will be extra goofy in this fight though, not only middle fingers but more goofy actions.

j/k
in all seriousness, im concerned nathaniel might get crippled in this fight

first time i agree with dumb hardy. i mean dan hardy. unfair fight
I dont think there's anything "unfair" about it but,its not likely Nate will win,sure.

only to get more popular.
Yeah sure people can get ahead by doing the wrong things,but I dont think thats gonna work in this case.

Back