How,Why, and to What Submissions cause damage

TapDG said:
They fucking hurt and cause discomfort..end of thread

You should be learning this shit when your rolling..ya know..from your instuctor

Now this is an incredibly intelligent and thought out post. I will be sure to ask my Brazilian intructor, who has to deal with plenty of other students and has an alloted time for a class, not to mention some trouble with certain english words, the definition of WHAT will get fucked up from a shoulder lock. Im sure that he would like nothing more then then to explain this to me.

Now I kind of see what stoic was saying. Thanks to the last few responses though, which have been informative.

Since this is about submissions per se, can some1 tell me wat the difference is btwn a normal heel hook n an inverted 1?

I had my shoulder popped from a kimura once. Messed up my rear deltoid, lateral, and my shoulder wanted to fall out the back of its socket.

I had a keylock go a bit too far. Messed up the very top of my pectoral and front deltoid for a while.

Now, instead of bitching about this thread give the guy some good answers.

submissions hyperextend the joints, so just look into what hyper-extention does for each joint and you get your answers. i cant give you doctor lingo but it's along the lines of "snap" and "pop"

chokes cut off blood. to choke the air you either smuther someone or crush their windpipe. if you crush it..end of fight you can let go so that is bad.

some subs go for dislocation other than hyperextention. these fall under the "pop" listing where hyper would be more in the "snap" genure.

armbar- first thing to go would probably be the medial collateral ligament of the elbow.

kneebar- hyperextension of the knee can tear both the ACL and the PCL ligaments and depending how bad it is can tear the collaterals aswell.

keylock- could probably have tearing of the capsule, dislocation of shoulder, damage to internal rotator muscles of the shoulder ( Teres major, anterior deltoid), may also damage MCL of elbow

kimura- capsule, external rotator muscles of the shoulder (infraspinatus, subscapularis, teres minor), could damage LCL of elbow

heel hook- Can do ligaments of the knee- mainly ACL, also at the ankle can do the anterior talofibular ligament (happened to me), and if more pressure is applied it can do the calcaneofibular ligament.

straight ankle lock- can do tendons such as EDL, EHL and probably some ligaments.

im a physiotherapy student but only first year so that stuff may not be right, take it with a grain of salt.

Fight_Song said:
"snap" and "pop"
So... would compressions or slicers be "crackle" then?

Back