How was your first day?

First day we practiced Backward break falls amongst other things... I head a headache after that :(

wow, this thread caused me to try to recall my first day and i don't remember my first day at all. sad.

Judo:
Lots and lots of ukemi (breakfalls). My club just had a serious ankle injury to a noob right before I joined so he really drove home the rolls and falls. It was 2 weeks before I went live.

Course once the rest of the team found out I was one of those former wrestling bastards there was no going easy on me during newaza. I learned about chokes and armbars real quick.

First day we just did some drilling for sidemount escape and backwards gi choke (not sure what its called.) Then there was 20 mins of sparring at the end but the intstructor had me skip it because I didnt know anything about BJJ yet

My first day of MMA training was pretty much what I thought it would be. I went in being in decent shape so it wasn't as god awful as it was for some. It still kicked my ass though and I just learned your basic techniques. Now my first day of BJJ(Gi) was much more recent and I learned that getting collar choked is an interesting experience.

Mine was brutal bro. We rolled lightly for about 5 minutes in which I tapped a soon-to-be blue belt with a RNC. I was feeling so confident. But when we started to roll 100 percent, I got tooled in every way possible.

- I didn't learn how to properly shrimp until like 3 classes in lol
- I hit someone with the door to the changing room
- I put my gi pants on backwards and tied my belt wierd as fuck
- I had no idea how to do a simple armbar drill
- I tapped 4 times rolling

- I had the time of my life...I love BJJ

I felt like a retard trying to do the armbar drill

Haha, I would just stand up and then sit down and then lay back. I don't think I properly applied it once and my partner would just tap so I wouldn't look retarded anymore.

I remember thinking "THIS SHIT IS SO FUCKING COOL"
for every little fucking thing

First day...had a "match" (yes I use that term loosely) with another newb...turned into a 5 min. spaz fest of sloppy wrestling. The next day is when I got schooled. Went up against a brown belt who I out weighed by 70 lbs and realized how much I suck. Sure I tossed him around like a rag doll for about 2 min., but he was just riding me out. After I gassed he just jumped to mount and decided to make it his home for the next few min. I learned a lot that night :icon_chee

Mine was brutal bro. We rolled lightly for about 5 minutes in which I tapped a soon-to-be blue belt with a RNC. I was feeling so confident. But when we started to roll 100 percent, I got tooled in every way possible.

you took a soon to be blue's back? wtf?

my first day was pretty fun, i took a couple of striped white belts down and kinda looked stupid on top cuz i had no idea what to do, my wrestling backround def helped me out though, i love the sport now after 6 weeks

I did upa and knee to elbow escapes. couldn't hip out to save my life but I ran home and started screaming at my roommates to get on top of me

Back