How was your first day?

eyeloveink

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Today is my first day of training at my MMA school. I'm really excited, do any of you have any fond memories of your first day?

Today is my first day of training at my MMA school. I'm really excited, do any of you have any fond memories of your first day?

Well my first day of actual rolling I was getting put in triangles like it was my job

I meant my instructor and saw some of the pictures of him training with Helio, and getting his blue from Royce in '95. Thats when I realized that jiu jitsu is something i want to do for the rest of my life

Well my first day of actual rolling I was getting put in triangles like it was my job

Yeah, today is a grappling only session, but, yeah. It sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun.

It basically confirmed to me that this is what I wanted to do. I learnt a lot and everyone for the most part was very receptive to a beginner with a wiliness to learn. I guess the type of first day that I'm sure most people would want and appreciate.

I haven't done MMA, but my first night of BJJ went much the same as Horrendous.

I remember my first day pretty vividly. I had just gotten done doing a few months of kenpo karate, and I had no idea what I was getting into when I started at my new school. I wanted to take judo, but I couldn't find anything near me so my friend referred me to a place that was close by. I went and I had never even heard of bjj before, and they got me started that same day. I never felt so out of place in my life, I had never wrestled or had any grappling experience. I never really watched the UFC or MMA prior to that, so I had no idea what I was learning. I don't think I remember ever feeling so beat up in my life, even after being in a lot of fights when I was younger. But I loved it because it was so hard, and something that was so new to me. Now I can't stand to miss a single practice.

My reading comprehension sucks today. :icon_chee

All you guys' stories are getting me really excited. Hopefully I don't get hit in the mouth, but i'd like to feel rough afterwards. I'll be sure to post how it went afterwards.

I just had my first BJJ class last Monday. It was outstanding! Eventhough I got tapped by a 16 year old kid like 80 times, it was definitely fun. One thing that I realized after about 5 minutes of rolling, was how disgusting and horribly out of shape I have gotten. Man I was sucking wind. Never puked, but felt like I needed to a few times.

And here I am two days later, and I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I love it! Can't wait for my next class.

i spent most of my first day puking in the bathroom. that conditioning is brutal

really painful and frustrating. and also the most awesome thing ever :D

I booted red gatorade in the bathroom after practice... had no idea when I could relax and when I had to hustle, so I burnt myself out and ended up hugging the toilet.

I remember back when I was kid in the old days. I had to walk 7 miles to the gym and my shoes had holes in them. Stay hydrated and stretch. More importantly, have fun.

Back