How was the 1st The Hangover so good, and the other 2 so very very bad?

Kick Strickland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The first one is really good. It's funny, it's a really good buddy movie, and I'll stop and watch it whenever I see it on. It's just enjoyable for the most part. The 2nd one? Not unwatchable, but not good. Not even close to being good. The 3rd one? Completely unwatchable steaming pile of shit. Makes me want to throw my tv out the window. So wtf went wrong? It's the same group of guys, and some very similar shit they get into, but none of the sequels had whatever the first one had, and I'm not even sure what that is, but they didn't have it. Why'd that franchise go so horribly wrong?

They milked a franchise dry, it was one good idea that should been done once rather then dragged out for 2 more movies, you could tell by the third the cast was in it just for a paycheque

They milked a franchise dry, it was one good idea that should been done once rather then dragged out for 2 more movies, you could tell by the third the cast was in it just for a paycheque

That's one of the cringiest things about the 3rd one for me. You can tell none of the actors want to be there whatsoever. That may seriously be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

That's one of the cringiest things about the 3rd one for me. You can tell none of the actors want to be there whatsoever. That may seriously be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
Yes and it's a damn shame that a guy like John Goodman got sucked into that mess

The same reason The Never Ending Story was good and the next two were so bad...

Happens all the time.

First movie rocks, second movie is ok, and everything after that is a pile of shit.

It happens so often, I don't know why you're even asking this.

Accept it and move on.

That's the way of sequels, playboy. If you need proof, look no further than my thread Who Here Has The Guts To Post Their Pic? Part 2.

I cum in you, you cum on floor.

hahah yea see I find the second one hilarious. It's the Home Alone 2 to the Hangover's Home Alone for sure, but it still gets mileage out of the same formula- lot of funny stuff from Zach G's getting up to do the toast and reading his facts about Thigh-Land to his irrational hatred for and grilling of Ed Helms' brother-in-law to Ken Jeong, "Sometimes your heart stop beating, then it comes back, read a fuckin' book" to the more depraved meanspirited nature of what befalls them compared to the first movie.

That's the thing- I feel it's very much more of the same and not everything is as funny as it was first time around, but there are some good laughs and I like how they amped things up with the darker tone too.

If Hangover 2 was unnecessary, it was at least unnecessary and funny to me.

Hangover 3 was unnecessary and lame.

Hangover 2 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Didn't waste my time or money on the third one.

hahah yea see I find the second one hilarious. It's the Home Alone 2 to the Hangover's Home Alone for sure, but it still gets mileage out of the same formula- lot of funny stuff from Zach G's getting up to do the toast and reading his facts about Thigh-Land to his irrational hatred for and grilling of Ed Helms' brother-in-law to Ken Jeong, "Sometimes your heart stop beating, then it comes back, read a fuckin' book" to the more depraved meanspirited nature of what befalls them compared to the first movie.

That's the thing- I feel it's very much more of the same and not everything is as funny as it was first time around, but there are some good laughs and I like how they amped things up with the darker tone too.

If Hangover 2 was unnecessary, it was at least unnecessary and funny to me.

Hangover 3 was unnecessary and lame.
I agree.

"Why do you think we call it Bangkhok?"

"I have a demon inside of me"
"He does have semen inside of him"

xD

Not to give the other gimmick movies an excuse, but the first movie did not set the bar very high. What exactly were you expecting?

Thank fuck they stopped at 'Blair Witch Project 2'.

Happens all the time. Go watch the 3 Matrix films

was the third one the cluster fuck that had Paul Giamatti (SP?) in it?

Because the first movie of a franchise is someones baby that has been written and rewritten and polished and cared for for years but after that they start becoming money grabs that are quickly thrown together to meet a release date

Back