• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How was Gus "shutdown very early"?

I understand MMA is a sport and leg kicks are legal, but martial arts are also about honour and we all know that kicking a guy in the leg is a pretty weak thing to do.
RqzxH.gif

His foot work was nullified via being shitty

Gus looked like a hack

I understand MMA is a sport and leg kicks are legal, but martial arts are also about honour and we all know that kicking a guy in the leg is a pretty weak thing to do.

No, you check leg kicks.

Jones had a fucking A level gameplan as usual, he stayed out of Gus's boxing range and tore his legs up with kicks.
Jon completely controlled the distance, landed his shots and was out the door before gus could fire back. He clearly learned from the first fight and completely neutralized Gus biggest strength.
He said in the post fight presser that he "Out Gustaffsoned Gustaffson" Its funny how so many Gus fans are complaining that he seemed off and that dont even realize the changes in Jones strategy and how Gus was fighting a different fight from their first go around. Its almost like they dont understand basic fighting changes so they are suggesting Gus was paid off or didnt want to win etc. No, he was forced to fight differently and couldnt adapt. DC also fought Gus like Jones did the first time and Gus looked good being a counterpuncher while DC chased him around the ring looking to get into boxing range.

If kicking a guy in the leg is ok, then so is slashing his tires and poisoning his breakfast. It's obviously effective but it's a bitch move.

listen, you’ve just gotta let it go and accept Jones is the GOAT.

Since when? Boxing. In a real fight anything goes. Better be prepared for everything.
In a state of nature rape and murder also "go", but that doesnt make rape and murder ok. The worst outcomes of uncontrolled situations are not guidelines for what we should aspire to or simulate in civilized environments.

hey, my food is kind of bland and dry. Can you swing by and give me some of those salty tears ?!

Lol my friend I'm not emotionally attatched to any fighter, i don't care who wins the fights I just enjoy the sport so no saltiness from me I'm afraid.

Just stating the guy took steroids.

Injuries happen in fights. It was good strategy by Jones. Gus is a tall fighter and Jones still has a 10 inch reach advantage. Gus needed to use footwork, cut some angles and try and keep Jon from backing up... unfortunately with the injury from the leg kicks and knees Gus was unable to do so effectively.

It is a shame that this will probably become a NC after his drug test.

He has more natural gifts than the entire LHW roster and he still needed to take PEDs. It blows my mind.

Even traditional martial arts incorporate leg kicks.

Pussy.

Gus footwork is one of the things that put him above the guys Jones usually fights,but once that mobility got taken away,he just ate shots from Jones multidimensional attack which is his best attribute.

Even traditional martial arts incorporate leg kicks.

Pussy.
Calling me a pussy for looking down on kicking a guy in the shin won't work on me the way your "girlfriend" calling you a chicken for not letting her peg you worked on you.

Back