• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How was Gus "shutdown very early"?

Leg kicks crippled him it was obvious. Jones just goes down the list of cheap ass tactics til something works. One of the worst actual fighters I've ever seen. Guys cheats in every way possible

cucks-cucks-everywhere.jpg
You might be too sensitive for MMA

All pro-leg kick arguments ultimately take the form of "you won't do gay stuff because you're not confident in your masculinity".

I'm not buying it.

It's kind of frightening how ill informed (either knowingly or otherwise) you and that other troll in this thread are.

MMA might be too much for you two. I recommend women's tennis.

Calling me a pussy for looking down on kicking a guy in the shin won't work on me the way your "girlfriend" calling you a chicken for not letting her peg you worked on you.

In a state of nature rape and murder also "go", but that doesnt make rape and murder ok. The worst outcomes of uncontrolled situations are not guidelines for what we should aspire to or simulate in civilized environments.

I mean, you're kinda creating a straw argument, pal. If you're in a fight, you do what is necessary to disengage or stop the advance of your foe, if you attack a defenseless person that's clearly an entirely different matter. If someone mushes your face and you snap their wrist, you are perfectly justified. That person shouldn't have put his hand in our face. What's wrong with that guy, right? To do more than that might be an issue. In life or death, you fight tooth and nail, however.

The chickenlegged dude that always skips leg day has been spotted, everyone!

All pro-leg kick arguments ultimately take the form of "you won't do gay stuff because you're not confident in your masculinity".

I'm not buying it.

Leg kicks crippled him it was obvious. Jones just goes down the list of cheap ass tactics til something works. One of the worst actual fighters I've ever seen. Guys cheats in every way possible

cucks-cucks-everywhere.jpg

Stop it

I mean, you're kinda creating a straw argument, pal. If you're in a fight, you do what is necessary to disengage or stop the advance of your foe, if you attack a defenseless person that's clearly an entirely different matter. If someone mushes your face and you snap their wrist, you are perfectly justified. That person shouldn't have put his hand in our face. What's wrong with that guy, right? To do more than that might be an issue. In life or death, you fight tooth and nail, however.
I already said legitimate survival/self defence tactics are a separate thing from the sport of UFC. I might eventually eat my dog if I were starving, but that wouldn't justify my having him for lunch today. Ultimate Fighters are role models to today's youth and shouldn't be kicking low.

You seem really dimwitted and I'm not sure you're ever going to get it.

Calling me a pussy for looking down on kicking a guy in the shin won't work on me the way your "girlfriend" calling you a chicken for not letting her peg you worked on you.

Yeah, but it’s a fight and the point of a flight is to win. If this is a street fight, and you’re able to win a fight by taking out the other opponents legs, no one would call you a wimp. You are just trying to discredit his win, but it just won’t work. Just accept Jones is the GOAT.

I already said legitimate survival/self defence tactics are a separate thing from the sport of UFC. I might eventually eat my dog if I were starving, but that wouldn't justify my having him for lunch today. Ultimate Fighters are role models to today's youth and shouldn't be kicking low.

You seem really dimwitted and I'm not sure you're ever going to get it.

The forum needs more people like this.

It's kind of frightening how ill informed (either knowingly or otherwise) you and that other troll in this thread are.

MMA might be too much for you two. I recommend women's tennis.
Tell me how I'm ill informed. I am, after all, the only poster making arguments to defend his position.

He hurt Gustafsson with standard round leg kicks, not even oblique kicks.

If you want to complain about roids, fine, but claiming that he's dirty for using standard techniques is laughable.
Haha I know right. Never heard of leg kicks being a dirty tactic

Sure.

The unified rules that were developed by MMA refs, doctors, etc allow for leg kicks and deem them a legitimate strike unlike headbutts, groin shots, and the like. Prior to mixed martial arts becoming a "thing," leg kicks were still around in individual martial arts and I've never heard a serious argument that explains how they're a dirty tactic at all. As a martial artist, if someone throws a strike of any sort, I suggest you learn how to defend against it otherwise you're gonna get hurt. That goes for simple jabs, heel hooks, front kicks, and whatever else you could possibly think of.

If you take issue with fighters using the rules to their advantage and winning in perfectly legal fashion, I recommend taking it up with athletic commissions and the people who developed the unified rules.

Tell me how I'm ill informed. I am, after all, the only poster making arguments to defend his position.

Sure.

The unified rules that were developed by MMA refs, doctors, etc allow for leg kicks and deem them a legitimate strike unlike headbutts, groin shots, and the like. Prior to mixed martial arts becoming a "thing," leg kicks were still around in individual martial arts and I've never heard a serious argument that explains how they're a dirty tactic at all. As a martial artist, if someone throws a strike of any sort, I suggest you learn how to defend against it otherwise you're gonna get hurt. That goes for simple jabs, heel hooks, front kicks, and whatever else you could possibly think of.

If you take issue with fighters using the rules to their advantage and winning in perfectly legal fashion, I recommend taking it up with athletic commissions and the people who developed the unified rules.
But my argument is that they shouldn't be legal, just like other dirty techniques such as groin strikes, fish hooking, and oil checking.

Tbh even if they are legal winning when you use leg kicks is sort of like KOing a guy when you fake him out on the glove touch. Just not legit or anything to be proud of.

It is not, but it is a fight and leg kicks are legal. For you to complain after the fact is utter nonsense.
My opposition to fighting dirty existed prior to whatever happened last night.

I understand your argument, and what I'm saying to you is.... Should've, would've, could've, it doesn't matter. It IS legal, and likely will be forever.

Believe it or not, you're in an overwhelming minority on this issue, I believe. There's enough rules as it is. As a fighter, if leg/oblique kicks and damaging subs like heel hooks bother you, you probably shouldn't be a fighter.

But my argument is that they shouldn't be legal, just like other dirty techniques such as groin strikes, fish hooking, and oil checking.

Tbh even if they are legal winning when you use leg kicks is sort of like KOing a guy when you fake him out on the glove touch. Just not legit or anything to be proud of.

My opposition to fighting dirty existed prior to whatever happened last night.

I think leg kicks are phenomenal, they are a vital tool in the fight game. I don’t understand your opposition to them aside from the fact Jones is really good at using them.

I understand your argument, and what I'm saying to you is.... Should've, would've, could've, it doesn't matter. It IS legal, and likely will be forever.

Believe it or not, you're in an overwhelming minority on this issue, I believe. There's enough rules as it is. As a fighter, if leg/oblique kicks and damaging subs like heel hooks bother you, you probably shouldn't be a fighter.
If oil checking a man into submission was legal, would you teach your son to applaud it? I'm not in the minority, most people the world over know the difference between fighting like a queer and fighting like a man.

And if you're not gonna teach your son to use perfectly legal techniques that are NOT frowned upon by a majority of fans/fighters, I'd wager that you are the queer.

If oil checking a man into submission was legal, would you teach your son to applaud it? I'm not in the minority, most people the world over know the difference between fighting like a queer and fighting like a man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back