How was Guillard favored over Varner?

Had issues winning in WEC his last few fights, lost to Dakota Cochrane in Titan, he has done great to come back.

Even Vegas messes up occasionally.

Thing is, you usually don't know they've messed up until afterwards.

I have to admit, I wasn't convinced that Varner had improved as much as he showed. The Barboza fight was his best win, and he did a good job against Lauzon.
But now I'm convinced, he's definitely knocking at the door of Top 10. He should get the Cerrone/Pettis loser next.

Even Vegas messes up occasionally. I can't believe Struve is favored over Hunt. Did Struve develop GSP like wrestling and Maia like jujitsu?

Hunt is 8-7 with 6 losses by Submission, mostly armbars, something Struve is excellent at. Struve is 25-7 with 17 submission wins. I don't see why you are surprised.

Well iam not betting against Struve anymore. Especially if he keeps getting people without groundgame. But iam not betting on him either. Because he has weak standup and has been brutally knocked out in the past. And btw i knew Varner was going to win. But because he got sick i became unsure. Wish i bet on him instead of Lauzon.

because they heard Dana and Joe call him "explosive" a million times when the guy has completely white belt groundskills and zero wins against Top 10 competion in 20 UFC fights

I guess the odds makers know more about Guillard's brain than you think. He seems to crack under pressure.

Varner and Jury were the easiest picks ever.

it was even odds

anyways, if you disagree, next time put your money where your mouth is.

i bet varner as soon as the odds were released. i was actually surprised to see guillard as a favourite in this one.
varner is a way more well rounded fighter imo, solid in all areas. whereas melvin lacks behind in the grappling department and has shown questionable fight iq.
i love melvin but i think hes got too many holes in his game in such a strong division.
i realy cant see him stringing any more than one or two wins together at a time unless he realy changes things up

i didnt see the fight i know varner won but was it close or did he straight up whoop melvins ass

40 fights later... "maybe this is the fight that we will see Melvin live up to his limitless potential!"

meh it was a snooze fest.
it could have gone either way. didnt really look like either was going for the finnish.
there was a close choke but melv was saved by the bell

Every fighter that is ripped is loved on Sherdog. Guillard, Palhares, Papy Adebi, Overeem etc.. Not sure what it is but Sherdog sure does love the strong men

Back