How was Guillard favored over Varner?

FedorandBjpenn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cain Velasquez, Derek Brunson, Jamie Varner and Myles Jury all fooled the oddsmakers according to Sherdog.

I agree but....... How the hell was Guillard favored over Varner? Guillard constantly gets grapple fu**ed and beaten by complete fighters. I just thought this was an easy pick. Varner is a way better fighter than Melvin.

Even Vegas messes up occasionally. I can't believe Struve is favored over Hunt. Did Struve develop GSP like wrestling and Maia like jujitsu?

Even Vegas messes up occasionally. I can't believe Struve is favored over Hunt. Did Struve develop GSP like wrestling and Maia like jujitsu?

Hunt got submitted by Sean McCorkle. Just because he's faced guys with no submission ability lately it doesn't mean he's somehow now immune to subs.

lol. If he can take Hunt down he has a good chance for submission. Not to long ago Hunt got subbed by Mccorkle. that being said........... Hunt by TKO round 1. Hunt should def be favored I agree

The last odds I saw before the fight had Varner vs. Guillard as the definition of a toss-up.

It's easy to call it an easy pick with retrospect, a lot of people agree on both fighters being hot and cold. Were the lines not pretty close? I favoured Varner slightly but didn't put any money down because I didnt think there was much value on his line

Since when you need Maia like BJJ to submit Hunt?

And Struve can just pull guard, like he did against Lavar Johnson.

I was suprised Guillard was favoured too, pretty easy pick imo, tbh I even thought Varner was gunna finish Guillard. But with that said, if I remember correctly, the lines were almost even so whatever

hindsight is 20/20

i'm sure you made a boatload betting on varner

guillard doesn't get grapplefucked, getting caught in a submission (usually after being dazed =/= being grapplefucked)

lol. If he can take Hunt down he has a good chance for submission. Not to long ago Hunt got subbed by Mccorkle. that being said........... Hunt by TKO round 1. Hunt should def be favored I agree

I agree Hunt should be able to knock him out in the first. Struve will not take him down and submit him.

Guillard isn't prone to getting grapple fucked. I really think it's mental issues with him. Guillard in 2010/2011 was an incredible fighter. He was never the same after Jlau schooled him.

MMA is so new...these oddsmakers dont really know how to gauge it...w/ that being said, guillard was only a small favorite...not like it was lopsided...picked varner to win...wasnt a lock but i felt pretty confident enough to drop a little $ on it...

Struve by sub or Hunt by KO wouldn't shock me either way.

Since when you need Maia like BJJ to submit Hunt?

And Struve can just pull guard, like he did against Lavar Johnson.

This

As long as he a Yoshida/McCockle like BJJ, he should be fine. Struve won't even need a minute to finish Hunt on the ground if it goes there.

Also, Hunt has been taken down by Wand, Cro Cop, Yoshida and even Rothwell.

That fight could have went either way.

Because people forget about truly great Jamie's boxing & wrestling are.

Back