How to RUN???

MAILMAN

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My work has pt and we have been running like 7miles, and my knees have pain, I dont think I'm running with proper form. Can anyone help with form?? or give ideas to reduce impact??I'm a weightlifter, trying to run...:redface:

My work has pt and we have been running like 7miles, and my knees have pain, I dont think I'm running with proper form. Can anyone help with form?? or give ideas to reduce impact??I'm a weightlifter, trying to run...:redface:

OOOOO, what job do you have if I may ask?

On topic

Better shoes
Run on grass [insert Revok sig]
BUILD INTO IT

Here is a write up on proper running form

Welcome to running mailman.

If you've been doing weights for a while you'll be putting a lot of strain on your leg joints each time you land, regardless of form. I read somewhere that you basically multiply your bodyweight by 3 and that's how much pressure is placed on each leg every stride, so you can see how injuries happen.

The above advice is good. Go to a reputable running store and have them select a good shoe for you. Don't buy online or get a friends recommendation - getting the correct shoe is the most important thing you can do. A knowledgeable sales person will match the shoe to your stride pattern and make sure it fits correctly.

Run on grass if you can find it, but it's not always an option. building up your mileage is also good advice.

Gov

Make sure if this is your first time running distance in a while you're taking a decent break to start. When I first started doing competition running I had to do 2 weeks of just slow-pace distance jogs, then a week of no activity, and coach said it's to prevent stress injurys.

^^^^

Coolio

Make sure if this is your first time running distance in a while you're taking a decent break to start. When I first started doing competition running I had to do 2 weeks of just slow-pace distance jogs, then a week of no activity, and coach said it's to prevent stress injurys.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the time limits on your stats in the sig?
2 min for each except the run?
How much do you weigh?

2 minutes for push-ups and sit-ups, and I'm 6'2" and weighed 175 last time I took the PT test. Now I'm 181, I started lifting more.

I get shin splints when I run. thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back